11/25/11

Liesl & Po - Lauren Oliver

I love Lauren Oliver.  Really and truly love her.  I started reading Before I Fall and wanted to stop halfway through, return the book to the library, buy my own copy and then start reading again.

I loved Delirium just as much and I am eagerly awaiting Pandemonium's release next year.  When I saw that Lauren had written another book to tide me over while I was waiting, needless to say I was pretty excited.

Liesl & Po is a heartwarming story of friendship, magic and adventure.  I loved the way that ghosts were described in this story, not as scary beings, but more like spirits who were from the Other Side.  On GoodReads, I gave this book 4 stars, not because there was anything wrong with it, but just because it didn't blow me away like Lauren's other books did.  It's a very charming story and well written, just like her other books, but it just lacked that unbelievable brilliance that her other books have.  I would still highly recommend this for anyone who would like to read a good story, and I think that this would be an excellent read-aloud story or one for parents and children to read together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs