11/27/11

Top Ten Books On My TBR List For Winter

Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for this fantastic meme!

First ... here's a list of what I currently have on hold at the library:

1. Destined - P.C. Cast
Currently "in transit" to my local library, this is the next installment in the House of Night series.  I'm *almost* ready to give up on this series, so if this book doesn't WOW me...

2. Habibi - Craig Thompson
I'm fifth in line for 3 copies at the library, so I shouldn't have much longer to wait on this book.  I love, love, loved Blankets by Thompson, so I'm hoping that this one is good as well.

3. Bumped - Megan McCafferty
I've had this one on hold forever, but I'm up to 14th spot in line for 6 copies, so it should be soon!  I've only read the first book in her other series (another one for my TBR challenge), but it was really well-written.

4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs
The hold line-up is moving quickly on this one, which I've wanted to read ever since I read about it on Cuppa Lit's blog.

5. Twisted - Sara Shepard
Another series that I'm *almost* ready to give up on, but I will give it one more book.

6. Divergent - Veronica Roth
I just put this on hold at the library, after reading so many rave reviews online, so I'm hoping that it'll arrive at the library before the end of the winter season. *fingers crossed*

Second, here are the first few books that I will read for my TBR challenge:

7. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
One of the books in my recent Chapters order; the storyline reminded me a little of Water for Elephants, plus the cover is GORGEOUS.

8. The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
I read The Shadow of the Wind on my honeymoon last summer, and I LOVED Zafon's writing.  I saw one of my best friends reading this book, and just had to add it to my TBR list.

9. I Am the Messenger - Markus Zusak
I bought this book a couple of Chapters' orders ago, but still haven't read it.  I just hope that it's as good as The Book Thief was!

10. The Adventures of Kavalier & Clay - Michael Chabon
An upcoming book club selection, and another part of my recent Chapters order.  This book has been on my TBR list for YEARS; it's about time to check it off!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh you have lots of interesting books on your list. I read (and loved) The Night Circus so hopefully you'll get to it soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rave reviews for Divergent are to be believed. Worth the wait. I just finished listening to The Night Circus. It's quite unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positive comments guys! I'm excited about curling up on the couch with my kitty, a big mug of hot chocolate and each of these books -- isn't that the best part of winter?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I should have included The Night Circus in my list. Even if it's not there, I'll still read it for winter. My list is more on love, love, love, romantic sucker that I am.

    Here's the link to my TBR list for winter:
    http://www.nancycudis.com/2011/12/top-ten-tuesday-tbr-list-for-winter.html

    Your new follower (via GFC),
    Nancy @ Simple Clockwork
    http://www.nancycudis.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa! Thank you, too, for visiting and dropping a line on my blog. I've just checked Francesca Lia Block's The Rose and the Beast at Goodreads and it sounds like a great book. I've bookmarked it as another book to read for this month. My wishlist is forever growing!

    I'll be taking a two-week Christmas vacation and my boyfriend and I already agreed that I'll finish at least 10 books during that vacation. And I'll review each one! What a challenge! But I'm really excited about it! :-)

    Nancy @ Simple Clockwork
    http://www.nancycudis.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs