11/22/11

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I'd Want on a Desert Island


A common theme thus far on this blog is one simple fact: I love lists.  So, imagine how excited I was when I found out that The Broke and the Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesdays.  Since this week's Top Ten is about Thanksgiving and our Thanksgiving was over a month ago, I have chosen Top Ten Books that I'd Want on a Desert Island (in no particular order):

1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Tolkien
I'm not cheating with this one; we actually have all three books in one book, so I'm counting it as one title.  I starting reading this book the summer that I was 16, but I wasn't enjoying it as much as I enjoyed The Hobbit, so I put it down.

2. The Complete Chronicles of Narnia - Lewis
Again, totally not cheating.  They're all available in one book, honest!  I read these when I was younger, but I've always been meaning to reread them, and what better excuse than being stranded on a desert island?

3. The Bible
Why not?  This would definitely provide for hours and hours of reading, since it's not exactly a "light read."  I think that I'd prefer the Bible over the complete works of William Shakespeare if I had to choose.

4. Atlas Shrugged - Rand
One of my best friends recommended this book to me a few years ago and it's been on my to-read list ever since.  Due to its length, and the fact that I haven't read it yet, I think this would be a great desert island book.

5. White Oleander - Fitch
This is a book that I could read over and over and over and over ...

6. It - King
I've already read The Stand and I don't think that I could read it again.  I like King's writing style and I haven't yet read It, so it would probably be a typical King-esque read.

7. The Gargoyle - Davidson
Another book that I could read over and over and over and over ...

8. The Neverending Story - Ende
A childhood favourite that is due for a reread sometime soon.

9. World Without End - Follett
I read the first book, but haven't yet read the second book.  


10. Before I Fall - Oliver
Another book that I could read over and over and over and over again.

Actually, it wouldn't be too bad if I got stranded on a desert island, provided that I did have my ten books with me!


 

2 comments:

  1. great books! i would totally need my Bible too! check out my post if you get a chance
    My Pathway to Books
    http://tessmw.blogspot.com/2011/11/top-ten-authors-i-want-at-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! My very first comment! Thank you for reading =) I shall check out your post as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs