3/17/12

IMM [3] - Birthday Edition!

My birthday was actually 11 days ago (the big 3-0! so exciting!) and I'd intended to do my birthday IMM last weekend; however, my wonderful hubby surprised me and whisked me away for a hot springs getaway instead, so I put it off a week.  So, this will now be a birthday IMM / what I picked up from the library this week.  In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren.

First of all, birthday presents!!!


So excited to read both of these!  I am kind of annoyed that they had to make the hardcover of Pandemonium match the new paperback cover of Delirium.  I have the original hardcover and now my books kind of don't match.  A little picky, I know =P  But the story inside will be worth it, I'm sure!  I've been trying SO hard not to look at any of the reviews on GoodReads (other than noticing the occasional five stars) so I'm going to have to hurry up and read this one soon!  Also, I loved Wither so, so, so much and I'm looking forward to Fever.

And from the library this week:


The covers on all three are gorgeous and were (admittedly) one of the reasons why I had these books on hold.  Also, I can't say "bunheads" without spontaneously giggling.  Seriously, it's such an odd title!  I've started reading The Pledge (I think I'm about halfway through it), so my review will be up soon.

What did you guys get this week?  Read anything amazing?  Leave me links and I'll stop by your posts as well!

12 comments:

  1. Well you definitely have good reason for your post to be delayed :) What awesome birthday presents!!! I REALLY need to start both of those series and your library books look epic! & seriously what is up with the title bunheads? the cover is really pretty though!!! Hope you will stop by my blog tomorrow! I will have mine up at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I'm intrigued by "Bunheads" and what it's about! This looks like a great selection, happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday!! I was actually really excited to turn 30 last April too! (all these ppl who are "oh no, 30!!".. bleh..) lol..

    Great books! We have some similar tastes in reading I think :) LOVED Pandemonium.. and been wanting to check out Bunheads!

    Thanks for stopping by :) And.. new follower! :)

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing books!! :-) And happy birthday, I hope you had a very brookish (brilliant and bookish!) day! Here is my In My Mailbox- http://pageturnerby-beth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-13.html

    Beth xx
    P.S: I LOVE THIS BLOG!! New follower!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! I know my partner, Magan, would love love the books you received! She's been raving about Pandemonium and I think I'm about to give in and read them myself. :) Hope you have a great week. Thanks for stopping by the blog. I love your design! - Estelle from Ratherbereadingblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pandemonium = best birthday present!! Loved it!
    I also really enjoyed Tempest, it's a very great 2012 debut.
    You can find my Mailbox here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I don't think you'll be disappointed by Fever! I thought it was amazing! And I was a bit annoyed by the cover difference with Delirium and Pandemonium as well. Happy belated birthday! Enjoy your birthday reads!
    http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I wanted to read Tempest a few months back but I don't have it yet. Hopefully it's good! I hope you enjoy all of your books. Pandemonium was AWESOME. Like, 50 times better than Delirium, in my opinion. :) I'm a new follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday!!! And don't be picky. I'm the exact same way. It needs to match or it looks odd on the shelf you know? Pandemonium was too good, I suggest you read that first! Thanks for sharing!
    ---
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday!
    Yay for the good books! I so want to read The Pledge and Tempest and Fever!! Yeee! Hope you enjoy reading them, looking forward to your thoughts!

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really looking forward to Bunheads - it looks fantastic. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs