3/26/12

Top Ten Books to Play Hooky With

It's Tuesday, and I'm back at work after a wonderful, relaxing week's holidays with my hubby.  This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic (hosted, as always, by The Broke and the Bookish) is just perfect, since I wish that I could play hooky and catch up on my TBR pile.  Coincidentally, I happen to have 10 books on hold at the library at the moment, which makes this top ten a little easier (since I have over 600 books on my GoodReads TBR list!).

1. Deadly Cool - Gemma Halliday
The wonderful and talented Wendy Darling posted a review of this book on GoodReads MONTHS ago and, at the time, my library didn't have a copy.  The library has since ordered a copy, but it's been "on order" for a couple of months now.  Hurry up!

2. Everneath - Brodi Ashton
This book's been popping up on blogs all over the place and my library still has it on order.  Fortunately, I'm only second in line once it leaves processing and moves onto the shelf.

3. The Mockingbirds - Daisy Whitney
I read a review of the second book in this series on someone's blog (I thought I could remember which one, but I just searched through several of my favourites and I can't find the review!).  The premise sounded so interesting that I immediately put it on hold at the library.

4. Article 5 - Kristen Simmons
Lea raved about this book on LC's Adventures in Libraryland and, at the time, my library didn't have it.  Once the book was on order, I immediately put it on hold and it's been sitting in processing ever since.  (Seriously, sometimes I just want to drive out there and ask if they need any help so that the books can get onto the shelf a little faster!)


5. Beauty Queens - Libba Bray
This is the book that's been on hold the longest.  It's the audio version and, since I've discovered the downloadable audiobooks that are FREE, I've contemplated cancelling my hold.  But I've been waiting so long that I don't want to give up just yet.

6. Prized - Caragh O'Brien
Birthmarked was so good and I have a feeling that book two is going to be amazing.

7. Shatter Me - Tahereh Mafi
There have been SO many positive reviews of this book popping up that I can't wait for my copy to arrive at the library!  I almost went to her signing and bought a copy, but then my husband whisked me away for a birthday weekend getaway and relaxing in a hot springs was WAY better than going to a signing!

8. Fracture - Megan Miranda
This is another book that's had lots of positive reviews, so I'm waiting patiently in line.

9. Legend - Marie Lu
Both Jaime @ The Perpetual Page-Turner and Justin @ Justin's Book Blog have raved about this book; therefore, I must read it soon.

10. Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
Actually, this book may be the one that's been on hold at the library the longest.  The hold line-up seems to be moving really, really slowly too.

1 comments:

  1. I don't want to make you more lustful but Everneath, Article 5, Shatter Me, Legend and AATFK are a few of my all-time favourite books. THEY ARE AMAZING. My reviews for all 5 were probably excessively fangirly and crazy...but how can you properly put into words such greatness at this level? :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs