4/21/12

IMM [4]

Just got back from the library ... and time for another IMM post, hosted as always by The Story Siren.  I can't believe that it's been a month since I last did an IMM post -- I feel like I've spent more time lurking around reading other people's IMM's, but I keep forgetting to share my own!

So, without further ado, here are my new library books:

Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James
I'm not sure what I'm going to think about this one, but there's so much online buzz about this book that I just had to put it on hold at the library.  I was kind of surprised at how long it is though -- 514 pages, and fairly tiny type!






Variant - Robinson Wells
I saw this book featured in an IMM post over at one of my favourite blogs, Rather Be Reading.  It came recommended to Magan by a blogger friend, who described the book as really awesome, but one that's a bit more under the radar.  I didn't have any idea what the book was about when I put it on hold at the library but I read the inside of the jacket aloud to my husband in the car on the way home and HE wants to read it now too!




Fracture - Megan Miranda
This is another one that I'm not sure if I'll like, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  The premise sounds interesting enough, and the cover is beautiful.  And sometimes it's better to NOT have any expectations for a book, right?







Prized - Caragh M. O'Brien
I loved Birthmarked and it was a story that stayed with me for a while after I finished the book.  My friend Sarika enjoyed the second installment in the series and, as we seem to have pretty similar views on books, I'm hoping that I enjoy this one too!






Beauty Queens - Libba Bray
I've had this one on hold at the library for EONS while it's been sitting in processing.  It's on audio and, lucky for me, I'm the first person to borrow it, so there won't be any issues with skipping discs -- there's nothing that annoys me more than being halfway through an audiobook only to discover that the discs skip too much to keep listening.

So, that's it for me this week.  Which books did you get?  Leave me a link to your post in the comments and I'll stop by and visit!!


6 comments:

  1. I so need to read Fracture and Beauty Queens. Looks like your library has an excellent variety. Hope you enjoy your books! :)

    ~DJL
    DJ Librarian Dishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! I'm also very curious about Fifty Shades of Grey, and I had no idea it was that long! I hope you like Fracture, I've been wanting to read that for a while and have heard great things about it. Happy reading! =)

    -Shanon @ Escaping With Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been waiting for Beauty Queens to come into my library for ages! Glad you finally got a copy, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! YAY! That's awesome! My husband wants to read it, TOO! I can't wait for Variant. Thanks so much for the shout out. So awesome of you! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow, i can't seem to enjoy an audiobook as much as i do reading an actual book. It kills me when i can't form the voices of the characters by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books this week! Hope you enjoy reading them :)

    Here is my IMM post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs