5/1/12

Top Ten Books I'd Like To See Made Into A Movie

Time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted, as always, by the folks over at The Broke and the Bookish.  I'm a little hesitant doing this week's theme, since a book being translated onto the big screen can be done really well, or really, really badly.  Many of my favourite books have already been made into movies (seriously, sometimes it feels that Hollywood's running out of their own ideas, so they're just making book after book into movies these days).  Some I've loved, and some ... not so much.  But, with that being said, here are some books that could make interesting movies ... if they're done right.

1. Wither - Lauren DeStefano
This series could be transcribed onto the big screen really well, if the beauty of the world is properly captured.  It would have to be a director who specializes in visually spectacular movies.

2. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
Apparently, this one is being made into a movie in the not too distant future.  I just hope it doesn't turn into a Groundhog Day Part II.  There's so much heartbreak in the book, which is going to have to be transcribed into the movie.

3. Delirium - Lauren Oliver
All of Oliver's books would make spectacular movies, but I'll just limit it to two on this list.


4. Airborn - Kenneth Oppel
I read this for a YA services course a couple of years ago, and I think with the air pirates and giant balloon travel and cloud cats, it could make for a very interesting movie!

5. Silverwing Series - Kennth Oppel
My previous choice instantly made me think of these books, which are about bats.  This would have to be animated, or Dreamworks type animation, but it could work really well on the big screen.

6. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane - Kate di Camillo
The Tale of Desperaux was well done in film version; therefore, I think that this book could be equally great in a movie.

7. Stargirl - Jerry Spinelli
This was such a great book, with such a great moral.  It could be an excellent story and would probably reach even more teens than it does in book format.  Be yourself, and others will love you for who you are.

8. Cinder - Marissa Meyer
Seriously -- Cinder would be awesome.  And her little sidekick (whose name I can't remember at the moment) would be just like Wall-E, but even cuter.

9. The Mortal Instruments Series - Cassandra Clare
I'm surprised that these books HAVEN'T been made into a movie thus far, considering the success 
 and craze over Twilight and the Hunger Games movies.  It would be amazing to see the world come alive on the big screen.

10. The House of the Scorpion - Nancy Farmer
One of the most amazing YA books that I have ever read.  And this book would be EPIC in movie format!

That's it for my list -- what books would YOU like to see made into a movie?  Leave me a link to your post and I'll come visit!  Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Before I Fall would be a very interesting movie to watch. I'd probably have to bring a box of tissues with me, haha! Great post, and I am a new follower as well! :)

    I would love it if you could check out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why The Mortal Instruments haven't been touched yet either! Maybe angels aren't the 'it subject' at the moment? Apparently super-heroes are in, now. But, yeah, I totally can't wait to see all those sweet tattoos all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Delirium & The Mortal Instrument series from this list - and 100% agree, I think they would make excellent movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be first in line to see Before I Fall! Then I would proceed to cry my eyes out. :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see Stargirl as a movie and I'd hate to see Stargirl as a movie. Could any movie do this book justice?!

    Here's my
    Top Ten Books I'd Like to See Made into Movies.
    I'd love to have you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stargirl would be a great movie if they did it right!

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree on Cinder, Delirium and TMI! Awesome list! :D

    Drop by my Top 10?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even think about Wither, but you're totally right. HOWEVER, it's always easier for me to read about uncomfortable things versus seeing them in a movie. There are definitely some cringe-worthy things in Wither and Fever.

    Also, Before I Fall is being made into a movie? For real?! That's excellent news. I really wonder how it will turn out. Must go see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read Cinder still. I hear it's awesome. I love Delirium and hope it's a movie someday. <3 Alex haha My Top Ten & Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the "sidekick" in cinder WOULD be cute and sarcastic. ^.^
    I really want to read wither!
    Here's my TTT;
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list!! Yes, I agree! Surprised Mortal Instruments haven't been made into a movie yet!
    I have to read quite a few of those that you have on your list there... been meaning to for AGES! :P

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am super excited for the Book Thief movie!! Also, they are developing Mortal Instruments with Lily Collins and Jamie Bower, but I don't know what happened with that.

    I think Cinder would make the perfect anime series. I loved that book to pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apparently the Mortal Instruments movie is coming out on 23rd August 2013. 2013?! So long to wait!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Before I fall is also on my list:) Love that one:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was about to jump all over the City of Bones movie gossip, but someone beat me to it :P

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs