5/21/12

Top Ten Favourite Book Blogs

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted, as always, by the wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish!  I thought and thought and thought about this week's topic, which is supposed to be about blogs that I read that AREN'T about books, but the reality is that all of the blogs that I read ARE about books.  So, I'm cheating a little, but posting about my top ten favourite book blogs.

In no particular order, here they are:

1. The Perpetual Page-Turner
I love Jaime's voice, random bursts of CAPS and her random ranty gif-filled posts just make me laugh out loud.  I've been following her on Twitter for a while, and am so excited to see how her wedding turns out!

2. Rather Be Reading
Written by Estelle and Magan, these two girls are super sweet and write such amazing reviews.  I also love the story of how they met and started up a blog together.

3. So Obsessed With
I discovered this blog via a comment on Rather Be Reading, and never looked back.  Another super sweet blogger whose blog I love reading.

4. LC's Adventures in Libraryland
At the risk of sounding repetitive, I love Lea's reviews, especially her honesty.  I've followed her blog for a while, but truly became a fan after she recently posted about one-star reviews.  It's so refreshing to read someone's posts when they're not afraid to (eloquently) admit that a book just wasn't for them.

5. Into the Morning
I wish that I could write half as well as Jenny does.  I don't know how long she takes to write her posts, but it always seems like she carefully chose each word and edited and edited until her post was absolutely perfect.  I'm in awe of her style.

6. My Pathway to Books
Tess is possibly just one of the sweetest people that I've ever met.  I think we started our blogs around the same time, but hers has just exploded -- mainly due to all of her hard work and networking.  Hers is an indie blog and definitely worth checking out!

7.  CuppaLit
This is one of the very first blogs that I stumbled across while I was taking Library 1111 last fall.  Fawn and I bonded over Twitter, and books of course, and then actually met in person!  I'm excited to see what new content will arrive this summer, once the hecticness of a teacher year is behind her.

8.  Rainy Day Ramblings
Heidi is another blogger that has been incredibly helpful, answering questions and just being all-around-wonderful.  I'm excited to participate in her upcoming event -- watch her blog for details next month!

9. Auntie Spinelli Reads
Jessi, a.k.a. Geo, has such a beautiful blog, full of interesting posts.  She gave me my very first blog award, and I've been an avid follower ever since!

10. Bookish
Really, where would I be today without Evie?  I had just started blogging and was unsure of myself, when I befriended her on Goodreads and learned that we lived pretty close to one another.  Unfortunately, by the time we finally met up for coffee, it was the day before she was moving to Toronto.  She left me a pile of books that she couldn't take with her, and we've been friends ever since.  I'm hopeful that she'll return to BC one day =)

This is by no means a list of the only bloggers whose blogs I adore, as I have many, many more on my list -- although I haven't yet been a part of this community for a full year, it's been a fantastic experience thus far.  It's totally amazing to meet and bond with people who love books and reading as much as I do! 

5 comments:

  1. aww Melissa THANK YOU SO MUCH! thanks just doesn't seem like enough! you're just SO awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I can't believe I haven't read half of these, shame on me!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just made me blush! You rock. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwh gosh, thank you! You're fantastic, seriously. If I made this list, you and Evie would be on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for including me on your list. I am always here if you need help. Just holler!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs