5/29/12

Tune in Tuesday [2] - May 29


Tune in Tuesday is hosted by GReads.  The theme for the month of May is random playlists; however, my iTunes isn't cooperating with me today.  I have WAY too much Christmas music and it seems to just want to keep picking renditions of "O Holy Night" -- not quite the right time of the year!

Instead, I have shuffled a playlist of all-time favourites and stumbled across a song that immediately brought tears to my eyes.  One of my bestest friends burned me a copy of Sade's Soldier of Love album right before my dad's accident.  You know how sometimes you can hear just the right song at precisely the right moment in your life?  Driving back and forth between the hospital and home for the first week, I had this song on repeat.  Your Daddy love come with a lifetime guarantee.  My dad is such an amazing and strong man -- even though he's now in a wheelchair after his bicycle accident, he always says with a smile and a shrug, "I'm still me, just me on wheels!"  There are no words to explain how proud I am of him and all that he has accomplished in the last two years.  So, without further ado, here's Sade's "Babyfather."


4 comments:

  1. I like Sade but had never heard this song before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Karen! It's off her newest CD -- Soldier of Love. The entire CD is phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard this song before... not even sure if I've even heard of Sade. Thanks for sharing such a personal song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Sade but I like the song you picked. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs