6/17/12

Book Haul [5]

Happy Saturday everyone!  It's pouring rain here in BC; therefore, it's the perfect weather to curl up with a good book.  Thankfully, I have a HUGE stack of library books to keep me occupied this weekend -- if, that is, I can avoid looking at Pinterest for longer than half an hour.  Seriously, I've avoided that website for a long time, since I knew it would be addicting.  I got sucked in, and the majority of my morning has completely disappeared!

Back to the books -- here is the pile that is currently sitting on my bedside table... I'm hoping that it doesn't fall over on me in the night!

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith
I read this entire book yesterday in one sitting.  SUCH a cute story, and will have a review up shortly!








The Partials - Dan Wells
I'm really not sure why I put this one on hold.  I can't remember reading reviews of it anywhere, but a review somewhere must have prompted me to place a hold on this one.  I was surprised by how long it is, but really have no idea what the book is about.  I hope it's a pleasant surprise!






Deadly Cool - Gemma Halliday
I have had this book on hold at the library for MONTHS, and have wanted to read it since I read Wendy Darling's glowing review on Goodreads.  And, can we just talk about the cover for a moment?  Absolutely hypnotic and so beautiful.  If my love for Wonder is any indication, I have LOVED every book that Wendy has recommended thus far, so I'm really looking forward to reading this one.





Die for Me - Amy Plum
This is another book that I've seen all over Goodreads, so I thought I'd check it out.  I really have no idea what this one is about, but the cover is really pretty!








Paranormalcy - Kiersten White
My friend Jenny @ Into the Morning Reads had this book included on her post about casting her own story, using characters from her favourite books.  I just had to check it out -- if Jenny loves the book, chances are that I will too.  After all, we're book twins =)






Some Girls Are - Courtney Summers
After I read, and loved, Siobhan Vivian's The List, Magan @ Rather Be Reading recommended that I check out this book.  I love her recommendations, so I was eager to give this one a try.  Then, when I picked the book up from the library, I was even MORE excited because she's a Canadian writer -- woo hoo!






Between You and Me - Emma McLaughlin & Nicola Kraus
I just started this one yesterday evening.  I may have been a little tired, since it was WAY past my bed time, but it's a little hard to get into so far.  Their books are touch and go with me -- some of loved and some I didn't.  It remains to be seen whether this one's a love or a not so much.






Torn - Amanda Hocking
I had Switched on my spring TBR list; however, I still haven't read it.  I put this one on hold at the library, expecting that I would have read the first book by the time the second one went through processing and landed on the shelves.  I'm not sure that I'll have time to get through all of the other books, plus Switched, before this one is due back at the library -- but I'll give it a valiant effort!





That's it for me this week -- the stack on my bedside table is starting to look like the leaning tower of Pisa!  I'm hoping that there's a few less books coming in this week, just so that I can get caught up.  Fortunately, the weather forecast for this week is rain, rain and more rain -- nothing unusual for the We(s)t Coast, but definitely the best weather for reading!

What new books did YOU get this week?  Leave me a link to your post and I'll stop by to visit!  And I hope that you're all having a lovely weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. I really, really hope you love Some Girls Are. Be prepared to punch someone while reading. It's a book that I flew through partially because Courtney Summers hit me in the gut with this story. Can't wait to see whatcha think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you liked it, I think it's a 99.9% chance that I'll love it too! Thanks for the heads up on the punching feelings though ;-)

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I loved Partials and Deadly Cool was a cute read. Couldn't stand Die for Me though, hope you enjoy it more than I did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh... I bet it was YOUR review of Partials that I read!

      Delete
  3. You've got some great books here. Can't wait to hear what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eli! And I'm thrilled to hear that you're back on the reading train =)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs