6/8/12

TGIF [3] - June 8


Happy Friday Everyone!  It's been completely exhausting week in my world, and I am fully looking forward to some down time this week -- and curling up with a book or two.  The weather forecast is for -- surprise! -- lots of rain, so it'll be a perfect time to kick back with a big mug of tea and get lost in a good story.

TGIF is hosted, as always, by Greads. Cast Your Own Story: If you could use existing characters from some of your favorite books to create a new story, who would be in it?

I'll be honest here -- I have a terrible memory for books.  Seriously.  I can remember that I liked the book, and a little bit about what the story was about (sometimes), but ask me about the characters, and I'll draw a complete blank.  My hubby, on the other hand, can rattle off complete plot summaries, complete with the names and descriptions of all of the major characters, of books that he read when he was NINE YEARS OLD.  Not kidding.  Naturally, when it came to think of this week's TGIF topic, I'm drawing a complete blank.

One character did jump to mind, and it's a character that I would actually like to see in pretty much any fantasy novel.  Remember the luck dragon in the Neverending Story?  Was he not the coolest fantastical creature EVER?  I loved him, and I've never seen that type of character in any other book that I'd read since then.

I hope that you were able to be a little more creative with this one that I was.  Leave me a link to your post and I'll stop by to visit!  And have a wonderful, reading-filled weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Falcor! I loved him! That was probably one of my most favorite movies when I was little (& maybe now...:D) & I just recently started reading the book (little by little in between other things). Really enjoying it.

    Hope you get to enjoy your own reads this weekend! Definitely something to be said for reading when it's raining. I love it myself. Have an extra mug of tea for me!

    PS: Thank you for the birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falcor! D'oh! I couldn't remember what his name was (see? terrible book memory!) but thanks for reminding me! The Neverending Story is definitely one of my all-time favourites as well -- yet another reason why we're book twins =)

      I hope that you have a lovely birthday weekend! I will definitely think of you, while I'm sipping my tea =) Unfortunately, I'm not enjoying the book that I'm reading at the moment, so I'm torn between plugging away at it to see if it gets better, or putting it aside and picking up something different. It seems like a shame to waste a perfectly good weekend on a book that's only so-so.

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs