6/29/12

TGIF [6] - June 29


Happy Friday Everyone!

TGIF is hosted, as always, by Greads.  This week's topic is: Best I've Read So Far: We're half way through the year (crazy how time flies!), which top 3 books are the best you've read so far this year?

This one is an easy topic.  Although I've read many wonderful books this year, three immediately jump to mind.

1. Wonder - R.J. Palacio
This is a middle grade novel, but not to be overlooked.  August's story is unbelievable and this book resonated so deeply with me.  I firmly believe that, if this book was taught in every Grade 5 classroom, there could be no more bullying in the world.  Read it.  Read it NOW.

2. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
This book will surely be on many reader's Best Books of 2012 list at the end of the year.  I LOVE John Green's books, but this book was truly remarkable.  Plus, I sobbed like a little girl at the end and who doesn't love a good therapeutic bookish cry?

3. Wither - Lauren De Stefano
I've read so many dystopians this year that it really is hard to choose just one.  Yet Wither was so extraordinary, from the beauty of the writing to the simply, yet majestic, quality of Rhine's world.

What about you?  What's the best book (or best books) that you've read this year so far?  Leave me a link to your post and I'll stop by to visit!  And Happy Friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. TFIOS was on my list too! Loved it so much! But I haven't read the other two books. Wither in on my tbr pile, but I haven't heard of Wonder. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder is middle grade, but it's SO worth the read. And Wither is such a beautifully written book -- I hope that you like it!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs