6/18/12

Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List!

Happy Tuesday Everyone!  It's time for another great Top Ten Tuesday hosted, as always, by the wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish.

So, I failed miserably at my TBR spring list (check it out here).  I only read three of the ten books that I posted in my list (I almost wish that books would stop coming in at the library so that I can get caught up on the books that I already own!).  But, it's summer now, so time to plan for the books that I'll be reading this season.  Summer plans include a road trip to Alberta to visit my hubby's family -- LOTS of time for reading, especially at his dad's house where everyone chats away in Serbian.  I'll happily curl up on the couch with my book and let him converse in his first language (I can only understand the occasional word), without anyone feeling obligated to translate for me.

So, without further ado, here goes:

1. Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare
This book is from my spring TBR list, and I've had it on my shelves since CHRISTMAS.  Seriously.

2. Across the Universe - Beth Ravis
Another book that was on my spring TBR list, and I must read it soon!

3. City of Lost Souls - Cassandra Clare
I preordered this book, and have had it since mid-May, but yet it sits on my shelf unread.

4. Insurgent - Veronica Roth
Ditto for this one -- pre-ordered, yet I haven't read it yet!  Which is odd, considering how much I loved the first one, and I couldn't wait to read the next book.

5. Second Chance Summer - Morgan Matson
I ordered this from The Book Depository (my first order ever!).  After reading, and loving, Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, I can't wait to dive into another of Morgan Matson's beautiful books.  I've saving this one for a sunny day, since I think that would best suit the story.

6. Half-Blood - Jennifer Armentrout
Evie @ Bookish recommended this one to me many months ago.  My library didn't have it, and neither did Chapters for some reason.  So, I ordered it from The Book Depository and it's sooo pretty. I can't wait to read this one!

7. Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
I added this book as my next TBR Intervention book, but still haven't picked it up yet.  I have had this one on my shelf for YEARS.  Even my mom has already read it.

8. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern
I have read glowing review after glowing review of this book, yet it sits on my shelves unread.  I bought it in hardcover, and if it's out in paperback before I get around to it, I will seriously kick myself.

9. Bedtime Story - Rob Wiersema
I loved Before I Wake (and cried my heart out) and I've had this book sitting on my shelves for quite a while.  The premise sounds incredibly intriguing.  Not to mention the fact that I totally used to work with the author.  Yeah, I'm cool =)

10. Vamplayers - Rusty Fischer
Honestly, the title on this one just sounded hokey, so I'd dismissed it as a potential read.  But when one of the characters showed up on Jenny's Cast Your Own Story post, I thought I'd give it a shot.  After all, we appear to be book twins, so I'm sure I'll like it.  Just as soon as I can stop giggling at the title.

What's on YOUR summer reading list?  Leave me a link to your post and I'll stop by to visit.  Or leave a book recommendation in the comments -- my TBR list can always be bigger!  Thanks for stopping by =)

19 comments:

  1. I really need to pick up Night Circus! I actually bought it for someone for a gift this past Christmas but have never read it myself. One of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my copy even longer than that I think -- and every time I read another rave review, or it makes a top ten best books of all time list, I look longingly at my book shelf =)

      Delete
  2. Oooh I've read about half of these and really liked them, great list and I picked up half blood finally from the library today! so fun

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be excited to see what you think of Half-Blood too!

      Delete
  3. I'm just about to finish Clockwork Prince after MONTHS of putting it off (and I have no idea why!), and it is a fantastic book - I'm kind of sad I didn't get to it earlier, but I'm glad I took the time to savor reading it. I hope you read Across the Universe soon, it's brilliant and one of my favourite YA books ever (it's the reason I got into book blogging!)! Second Chance Summer is on my list, I can't wait to start it too. Amy & Roger was such a fantastic read and I hear Morgan Matson really delivers on her second book, too.

    Happy reading :)
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow -- a book that inspired you to get into book blogging?!? I think this one just moved up to the top of the TBR list =)

      Delete
  4. Ooh so many books on this list that I want to read also - like Insurgent - loved Divergent! Hope you get to all these books and enjoy them all :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I loved Divergent too, and I just can't believe that I've left Insurgent unread for so long!

      Delete
  5. Hah, well Cassandra Clare made many lists this time, even mine. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that quite a few people have been on the fence about CoLS, since CoFA wasn't the best book in the series. Personally, I think it should have ended after three, rather than dragging it out to six, but I'll keep reading anyways =)

      Delete
  6. I'm the same as you with Insurgent. I tried like mad to win a copy, but now that it's out, I haven't checked it out. Probably because I'd want to reread Divergent first, and I have so many other books to get to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always intend to reread, but I haven't done that since Harry Potter. Maybe because I just have so many other books to read? I do miss rereading though!

      Delete
  7. New Follower. Great list. Outlander has been on my TBR for what seems like forever! I should really start that soon.
    --Jenese
    http://readersconfession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom's not even much of a voracious reader, and she's already read it, so I feel seriously behind =) I've heard that it's really good though, so I'm excited to read it. It's been a while since I've read a good, long adult fiction novel.

      Delete
  8. I am gonna add a few from this list to my already LONG tbr pile!

    Here is my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad that I could add to your TBR list (mwah ha ha ha...)!

      Delete
  9. I sooooooo want to read The Clockwork Prince! Happy summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes!! I need to get around to reading Clockwork Prince.. I really liked Clockwork Angel so, really, there's no reason why I still haven't gotten to it yet! Same with Insurgent.. I bought it on the first day, and only just finally got around to reading it last week.

    Thanks for stopping by my Top 10 Tuesday!

    Michele | Just a Lil Lost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, hey? I love Cassandra Clare's work, yet I have TWO unread books just sitting on my shelves =( And I really, really have to read Insurgent soon!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs