7/2/12

Living Dead Girl - Elizabeth Scott

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around this one. I think that the Goodreads summary says it best: This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.

This is a book that I wish I could forget having read, because it seriously gave me the creeps. I almost put it down mid-way through the book, but then kept going because there were only 70ish pages left, and I had to make sure that "Alice" would be okay. Although I've read, and loved, Emma Donoghue's Room, this book wasn't really similar to Jack's story. Perhaps Alice's voice lacked Jack's childlike innocence and his way of seeing the world, and was just too sad for me. But regardless, this is not a happy book and it's just really sad, and depressing. I need to read something happy now!

4 comments:

  1. I love creepy! I can't wait to read it. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee -- I wasn't expecting my review to encourage people to read the book! I hope that you enjoy it more than I did =)

      Delete
  2. I remember reading it and feeling kind of the same way. While it's not really a book that I "enjoyed" reading, I think it really speaks of the author's talent that she made me so uncomfortable. I was glad when I was done, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of it that way, but making a reader squirm like that can be a true indication of writing ability! In that case, Elizabeth Scott is a freakin' literary genius =P

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs