7/13/12

TGIF [8] - July 13


Happy Friday Everyone! It's Friday the 13th -- but I'm not much of a superstitious person, so I don't usually worry too much about these things.  Full moons, on the other hand, almost always guarantee a particularly nutty work week, and this week has been NO exception.  Thank goodness I have today off work in order to head to my hometown to see the Tragically Hip in concert -- so excited!  The sun is shining, it's freakin' hot and therefore the perfect weather for a ferry ride!

TGIF is hosted, as always, by Greads.  This week's topic is: Quotes That Make You Swoon: What are some of the most swoon-worthy quotes you've experienced in a book?

I LOVE book quotes -- I have a notebook that I use to jot down quotes that make my heart beat a little faster.  Over the past couple of years, I've been devouring books faster than I can keep up with my little quote notebook, so most of the quotes are from books that I read years ago.  With that being said, here's a little sampling from its pages -- the quotes are quite diverse, but I love them all.

And we loved with a love that was more than a love.
~ Edgar Allan Poe, "Annabel Lee"

People just wanted to be loved.  That was the thing about words, they were clear and specific -- chair, eye, stone -- but when you talked about feelings, words were too stiff, they were this and not that, they couldn't include all the meanings.  In defining, they always left something out.
Janet Fitch, White Oleander

Stories are light.
~ Gregor in the Jailer in Kate di Camillo's Tale of Despereaux

As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
~ John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Are there any quotes on my list that made your heart sing too?  Please leave me a comment, and a link to your TGIF post and I'll stop by to visit!  Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I included that John Green quote, too... as I'm seeing a lot of others doing as well! So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every second sentence in that book is quote-worthy, but this one is, by far, my favourite.

      Delete
  2. Great quotes! I love them! Esp. Edgar Allan Poe (though, did you know that he actually had a horrible relationship with his adoptive father John Allan & would probably never have included the "Allan" in his name were he to introduce himself to you?) because I love that poem.

    Oh & here are two of my faves!

    "But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W.B. Yeats

    "Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." - Anton Chekhov

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow -- I did not know that! Edgar Poe just doesn't quite have the same ring to it, eh?

      And I LOVE that Yeats quote; it's one of my favourites too! The Chekov one is pretty too, and I'm adding it into my quotes book =)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs