8/3/12

TGIF [11] - August 3


Happy Friday Everyone!

TGIF is hosted, as always, by Greads. This week's question is: Book Olympics: In the spirit of the Olympics, which books would you give the gold, silver, and bronze medals to? It can be from any genre, new or old.

My husband and I have been watching nothing but the Olympics for the last week -- it's seriously cutting into my reading time!  We always plan to watch just one more event, and then turn off the TV, but then an hour will go by and we'll realize that we've already seen the gymnastics highlights twice =S

It's hard to pick the three best books overall, so I'm going to have to award these medals for books that I've read during the last year...

Gold: Wonder by R.J. Palacio
This is going to be the book that I rave and rave and rave about.  If you haven't already read it, what are you waiting for?!?

Silver: The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene
Need I say more?

Bronze: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
After hearing Magan @ Rather Be Reading and Hannah @ So Obsessed With GUSH about Second Chance Summer, I had to start with this book while I waited for my copy to arrive in the mail.  And I loved it -- it was so refreshingly different from anything that I could have anticipated. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs