8/10/12

TGIF [12] - August 10


Happy Friday Everyone!

TGIF is hosted, as always, by Greads. This week's question is: Unexpected Books: Which books did you have reservations about reading, but ended up loving once you did?

When I pick up a book, it's usually because a) I've already read (and loved) other book(s) by the same author or b) I've read rave reviews online, written by bloggers whose opinions I trust or c) a friend has recommended the book to me.  With any of these three criteria, I'm almost always guaranteed a great read.  Every once in a while, I'll pick up a book and I'm honestly not sure why, yet I end up being pleasantly surprised.  One recent example that I can think of is Brodi Ashton's Everneath.  I'd had this book on hold at the library (while it was being processed as a new acquisition) that I honestly forgot why I'd put it on hold at the library.  Prior to starting to read it, I'd seen mixed reviews on Goodreads; it seemed that readers either loved it or hated it, and I wasn't sure what side of the coin I'd fall on.  Once I opened the first page and dove into the story during a ferry ride to Victoria, it was incredibly difficult to tear myself away from the story.  I loved every moment of the book, and I'm really looking forward to reading the next installment of the story, Everbound, which is coming out next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs