11/26/12

Top Ten Most Anticipated Titles of 2013


It's Tuesday and time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish.  It's been a long, long time since I've participated in this meme, but I'm excited about today's topic: top ten most anticipated titles of 2013.  Next year is going to be an interesting year for reading, as I still have no idea what it'll be like to read with a newborn in the house -- fingers crossed that I have a super well-behaved baby who likes to sleep lots, and give mommy time to catch up with her favourite books!  It's amazing how many of my favourites are due to be released in February/March -- is this perhaps a sign that our child will be a bookworm too?  *fingers crossed*


1. Requiem - Lauren Oliver
I was SO excited when I saw this book on Jaime @ The Perpetual Page Turner's book haul post ... having ARCs out in circulation already means that it's SO close.  And, according to Goodreads, the publication date is March 5, which just happens to be the day before my birthday *hint hint to hubby*

2. Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare
I know, I know ... I still haven't read Clockwork Prince.  But I can still be excited about the next installment, right?  Plus, the cover of this one is definitely the most gorgeous of the three books.  This one should be out March 19.

3. Scarlet - Marissa Meyer
It seems like MONTHS ago that Magan @ Rather Be Reading was tweeting while reading the ARC of this book, and it's still not out until February 5th next year!



4. Everbound - Brodi Ashton
I thought the cover for Ever___ was beautiful, but Everbound may be just that little bit prettier.  This  was one of my surprisingly wonderful reads in 2012, and I'm really excited to see where the storyline goes in the this second installment, due to be published January 22.

5. Prodigy - Marie Lu
Instant love for the first installment of this series -- especially once I found out that it was loosely based on the Les Misérables storyline.  Prodigy will hit bookstore shelves on January 29.


6. Unravel Me - Tahereh Mafi
Shatter Me was a great read, and I'm excited to see what comes next in the second installment, due out February 5.



7. The Moon and More - Sarah Dessen
New Sarah Dessen?  Yay!  I have to wait until June 4th?  Awww.....

8. Breaking Point - Kristen Simmons
I LOVED Article 5, and can't wait to see where the storyline is headed.  This one will also be released on February 5.

9. UnSouled - Neal Shusterman (no cover image yet)
I haven't read UnWholly yet, but thinking that I might just wait until the entire trilogy is released, then read all three together.  I loved Unwind SO MUCH, and I'm sure that the rest of the series will be equally good.

10. The final book in the Divergent trilogy - Veronica Roth (no title or cover image yet)
Just saw on Goodreads that this is due out in September 2013 -- guess I'd better read Insurgent pretty soon!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so behind on the books of "now" that I can't even think about what's coming out next year! Also, I don't generally read a series until all the books are out - I'm too impatient and worried I'll forget everything inbetween books.

    I'm no mom yet, but my friends with babes tell me the first few months they generally are able to get a lot of reading done during late night breastfeedings/feedings...so you might be ok ;) If you can keep your eyes open that is! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to see your point about waiting until all of the books in a series are out first! I just started Insurgent, and I'm totally struggling to remember what happened in the first book =(

      Fingers crossed that I can still get lots of reading with a new baby in the house -- I think that NOT reading might make me crazier than sleep deprivation would =P

      Delete
  2. I am so so so excited for Scarlet. I don't know what it was about Cinder that made me so happy. I really loved it. Also excited for next Delirium book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally the same -- I can't put my finger on what was so wonderful about Cinder, but it was definitely one of my favourite reads of 2012. Plus, people are already reading the ARCs of Scarlet and I keep seeing tweets about how great it is, which is making me even MORE excited. And ... words cannot even describe how excited I am to see how the Delirium trilogy comes to a close!

      Delete
  3. I have Prodigy on my list too, but I have so much catching up to do with 2012 releases! Once I have read Cinder and Pandemonium and Everneath it's possible I'll be adding their sequels to my 2013 must-read list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel -- books are being published faster than I can read! Cinder and Pandemonium and Everneath are among my favourite reads of 2012, so I hope that you enjoy them too!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs