12/2/12

WEverb [1 and 2]


Estelle & Magan @ Rather Be Reading (one of my ALL TIME favourite blogs) are participating in WEverb this year.  I'd seen some tweets about this, but it wasn't until I was checking out their blog this afternoon that I realized exactly what WEverb is.  According to the website, WEverb is a series of questions and prompts that allows you to reflect back on 2012 and look forward to 2013.  Each day in December, there's a new prompt.  I'm a day behind, so I'm going to do prompts 1 and 2 today, and then see if I can keep this up throughout the month.  This seems like a great way to post a little more often (since my blog's been pretty quiet over the last two months), as well as close out 2012 and get ready for 2013, which is going to be AMAZING.

1. compose [CREATE]: Write a haiku for 2012 (bonus: write one for 2013)

2012:
Bun in the oven
Our little family grows
Miracle of love

2013:
Becoming a mom
Not knowing what to expect
Confidence and faith

2. watch [LIVE]: What movie did you see this year that you would recommend to a friend?

I'm going to take a page out of Estelle's book and recommend a Disney Pixar movie that my hubby and I watched recently and absolutely ADORED: Brave.  It had all of the elements that I love in a movie: adventure, magic, family, a kick-ass heroine (who might even be just a little cooler than Katniss from Hunger Games since she ROCKS with her bow!) and a really, really great soundtrack.  Toss in some Scottish accents and humour (I was enthralled with Merida's little brothers) and you have a recipe for a perfect movie.

8 comments:

  1. Love the haikus :)

    Maybe I'll finally watch Brave tonight. It looks adorable and incredibly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha -- thanks! It's been a long, long time since I last wrote a haiku =) I hope that you love Brave as much as I did!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to join in! :) The haikus are great + I think even choosing BRAVE as a movie is so fitting. The main message there for me was the relationship between mom and daughter which can be so incredibly challenging. :)

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Estelle! I'm glad that you two started participating as well =)

      And I totally agree, I LOVED the mother/daughter relationship in the movie. I just bought a copy for my parents for Christmas; I hope that they enjoy it too =)

      Delete
  3. Aww, love your haikus! :) I still haven't seen Brave, but really want to! I'm so behind in *all* moving watching though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watch ALL of the kids movies (even though we don't have any kids ... yet). I find them even better than grown-up movies sometimes =P

      Delete
    2. Haha, we LOVE kids movies too! People with kids always tell us, don't watch them now - you'll be sick of them when you have kids! Lol.

      Delete
    3. Nooooo... kids movies are the best! And there's always humour in them that is totally intended for the adults anyways =P

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs