12/16/12

WEverb [15 & 16]


Estelle & Magan @ Rather Be Reading (one of my ALL TIME favourite blogs) are participating in WEverb this year.  According to the website, WEverb is a series of questions and prompts that allows you to reflect back on 2012 and look forward to 2013.  Each day in December, there's a new prompt.


15. quote [GROW]:  What inspirational quote would you associate with this past year for you?

I went onto Goodreads to look for a quote from Delirium, since I've been reliving this book through a coworker, who's reading it for the first time.  Then, I saw this quote from Bob Marley, and it just jumped out at me.  With all of the sadness currently in the world, it just seemed appropriate to talk about love...

“Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future, dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens, you can’t wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or make you feel like you are not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. There is never any pressure, jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and not worry about what they will think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasures kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of your childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it’s like being young again. Colours seem brighter and more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn’t exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps to get you through a long day’s work and always brings a smile to your face. In their presence, there’s no need for continuous conversation, but you find you’re quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before become fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is so special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there’s a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure that’s so real it scares you. You find strength in knowing you have a true friend and possibly a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are a part of your life.” 


16. replicate [CREATE]:  What were you inspired to create/make this year based on something else? (i.e. a pin from pinterest, recipe from a friend, etc.)

I saw a YouTube video about junque journals while I was researching techniques for making books for our wedding centrepieces.  I bookmarked it, but didn't actually get around to starting one until this year.  I'm always very conscious of what I'm keeping in the house, worried about becoming excessively pack-rat-ish, like my mother.  When I saw the idea for a junque journal, I thought it was the perfect way to allow me to keep things that I have a hard time getting rid of, while also ensuring that I can't keep everything.  Even with the amount of stuff that I've glued onto the pages so far, it's not even a quarter full -- I know that I can continue to work on this for years and years to come.  Plus, it looks kind of pretty too, and is more of a functional home for things that I don't want to part with.  If you're interested, here's the link to the first video that I watched:



The second project that I've just started is compiling a photo album of the eight years that my husband and I have spent together, in advance of Baby arriving next year.  With the exception of our wedding and honeymoon albums, all of our photos are in digital format on the computer.  Sometimes it's nice to actually sit and flip through an album, reminiscing about the places we've been or the things that we've done together.  I've started weeding through the pictures that we have on the computer and compiling a "best of" -- the next step will be putting them all together into one album.  Then, after Baby's arrival, I can hopefully keep up with putting together albums on a semi-regular basis.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I *need* to start a Junque Journal too! I'm kind of a walking contradiction in that I can't stand clutter and useless "stuff", but I also can't part with my numerous "memory" boxes. I also really want to start putting our photos into actual albums - I agree, flipping through a physical album is so much nicer. And it's something that I imagine my children will have, etc. I made one scrap book (mostly photos with caption, not a lot of "scrapping"), for my husband when we were dating. My plan was always to continue with this, but where is the time? I need to make time for it. I save so many little paper type momentos for a physical photo album/scrap book, but have yet to actual work on putting one together. I fear if I don't do this, I won't be able to do it for our future child...but if I can start making it a habit now...! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh.... we're just SO similar! I'm totally the same; I hang onto "stuff" because it has memories, and I totally love that it's compiled into this pretty book. I'll have to post a picture at some point, but it's been a fun journey so far. The best part is that it doesn't have to be perfect, which takes the pressure off. Sometimes scrapbooking feels like it has to be so perfect, and I worry too much about how I'm putting the pages together.

      That's awesome that you already have a book of your husband and you dating -- that's exactly the part that I'm missing! We should motivate each other to keep going =) Again, I wish we lived closer; we could have scrapbooking and Scrabble nights!!!!!

      Delete
    2. I think this is the universe's way of telling you to move to Alberta! ;) Haha...but I agree, I think that's why I never actually get around to scrapbooking (even though I save everything for future scrapbooking lol)...there's a lot of pressure to make it look so "perfect".

      And yes! I would love to see what your Junque Journal looks like!

      Delete
    3. Haha -- who knows, maybe one day? We're still toying with the idea. When our little family outgrows our condo, we'll definitely be making A move, but we'll see where to.

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs