12/28/12

WEverb [28]


Estelle & Magan @ Rather Be Reading (one of my ALL TIME favourite blogs) are participating in WEverb this year.  According to the website, WEverb is a series of questions and prompts that allows you to reflect back on 2012 and look forward to 2013.  Each day in December, there's a new prompt.

28. empower [HOPE]:  What did you do to recharge your batteries in 2012?

Taking time for myself is of the utmost importance, especially when life gets super busy and stressful. "Me time" includes reading, going for a walk with my hubby, doing some yoga, taking a nap or any combination of these things.  All of these have featured prominently in my pregnancy thus far, and I'm certain that this is one of the reasons that I've been feeling great all along.  When work got a little overwhelming, as I outlined in some of my previous WEverb posts, I found myself not sleeping all that well and extra emotional.  I took a couple of "me days" from work, which I've never done before.  In my five and a half years at my current job, I'd only previously taken five sick days, three of which were last year just before Christmas when I had the flu.  So I'm not one to call in sick for no reason at all.  But now I felt justified in doing so, knowing that even though the reason for taking a day off work is not only for my own health and sanity, but also that of the baby that I'm carrying.  And it was wonderful to just curl back up in bed and sleep for a few more hours, followed by a long shower and an afternoon snuggled up on the couch with a book, a mug of steaming tea and my cat.  Definitely recharged the batteries, and I was ready to tackle work the next day, both physically and emotionally!

1 comments:

  1. Аn impresѕive share! I have just forωаrded thіs οnto а frienԁ who has been doing a little homеwoгk on this.
    And hе actually bought me breakfаst due to thе
    fact thаt I found іt fοr him..

    . lol. Ѕo alloω me to reworԁ this.

    ... Thanκ YOU for the meаl!! But yeah, thanx
    for sреnding the time to talκ about this issue here on your website.



    My blοg post - Mid Stakes Offer

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs