12/3/12

WEverb [3]


Estelle & Magan @ Rather Be Reading (one of my ALL TIME favourite blogs) are participating in WEverb this year.  According to the website, WEverb is a series of questions and prompts that allows you to reflect back on 2012 and look forward to 2013.  Each day in December, there's a new prompt.

3. stay [LISTEN]: How did you stay in the moment this year?

Staying in the moment is always hard to do.  One of my struggles this past year was not letting other people's negativity overwhelm or cancel out my positive attitude.  I work with a girl who's always very negative and I had a ... it's hard to call it an argument, because she stopped talking to me for a while.  To make a long story short, I decided to make a change in how my workload was organized, and it didn't make her happy, although it was my decision to make, not hers.  It was hard for me to remain positive throughout this experience, since it brought back so many memories of being bullied in elementary school.  But the situation eventually resolved itself and I'm not going to be working there much longer anyways.  I just repeatedly told myself just that: I already knew that I was pregnant, although no one at work knew just yet, so I knew that there was a light at the end of the tunnel and that I would soon be leaving.  I also told myself that I made a change at in my workload in order to preserve my own sanity and well-being, as well as that of my baby, and if she didn't like it then it was her problem, not mine.  Sometimes it's easy to get dragged down in other people's negativity, which detracts from being in the moment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs