12/5/12

WEverb [5]


Estelle & Magan @ Rather Be Reading (one of my ALL TIME favourite blogs) are participating in WEverb this year.  According to the website, WEverb is a series of questions and prompts that allows you to reflect back on 2012 and look forward to 2013.  Each day in December, there's a new prompt.

5. fellowship [HOPE]: What community has engaged you most this year and what did it you get out of your participation?

I'm going to be mushy and say the book blogging community.  When I started blogging in August 2011, I was a little shy and just read my favourite blogs, rarely leaving comments.  I was in awe of some bloggers who just seem so confident and out there in the community.  But over the past six months or so, I've started connecting with some of my favourite bloggers via Twitter, and it's just so amazing to see that they're just normal people, just like me.  (Honestly, at first, it seemed a little like sending a celebrity a fan letter!  And then having that movie star actually WRITE BACK.)  What I've learned from this experience is that it's totally worth it to just throw yourself out there -- you never know when you might make a new friend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs