12/7/12

WEverb [7]


Estelle & Magan @ Rather Be Reading (one of my ALL TIME favourite blogs) are participating in WEverb this year.  According to the website, WEverb is a series of questions and prompts that allows you to reflect back on 2012 and look forward to 2013.  Each day in December, there's a new prompt.

7. enliven [GROW]:  Was there a book or article that inspired you to make a change in your life this year? What was the source and what did you change?

I don't know if they're books that inspired me to make conscious changes in my life, but two books that affected me profoundly this year would definitely be John Green's The Fault in Our Stars and R.J. Palacio's Wonder.  TFiOS reminded me about the power of love and its ability to transcend even the most tragic of situations.  I'm a huge sap of a romantic to begin with, but reading Augustus and Hazel's love just made me fall in love with the idea of love even more.  Similarly, Wonder taught me about our tendency to judge people before we get the chance to know them and, by seeing the world through Auggie's eyes, it just made the world that much more beautiful.  Both stories are so beautiful and heartwarming and touching; it's hard not to have your world shifted just a little bit by reading either one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs