6/24/13

Marko Monday [5]

I'm a little late with today's post -- had a busy, busy weekend!  My mom took me to see Les Mis on Sunday, so Marko spent the day with his dad, walking around downtown.  My hubby had a blast hanging with his son for the day, and I loved, loved, LOVED the show.  It's the sixth time I've seen it (from the big production right down to a high school rendition), and it just gets better and better every time.

Today's picture book selection is Nancy Tillman's Wherever You Are - My Love Will Find You.  This is, without a doubt, one of the most beautifully written and illustrated books that Marko and I have read together thus far.  Each illustration features a child with a different wild animal, from bears to bunnies to peacocks.  The story itself is gorgeous and sounds like it's a mother speaking to her baby.  It starts with I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go.  The remainder of the story talks about how love will surround you wherever you go, whispering in the wind and reminding you that you are loved.  The text is lyrical and fluid and this read-a-loud has put Marko to sleep the last four consecutive nights.  I borrowed this one from the library, but have already ordered a copy for our library, since it definitely works as a bedtime story!

And here's a picture of my little man in his PJs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs