8/12/13

A to Z Bookish Survey

Confession: I LOVED those e-mail surveys that used to go around in high school.  Even if it was one that I'd filled out before, I used to copy and paste into a new e-mail message, and happily spend an hour filling out all 2,478 questions (because, really, some of those things just went on and on!)  So when the wonderful Jaime @ The Perpetual Page-Turner posted her A to Z Bookish Survey, the sixteen-year-old inside me jumped for joy!

Author You've Read the Most Books From:


According to Goodreads, James Patterson.  Although, if I were to add all the Sweet Valley that I read as a child, I'm sure Francine Pascal would top the list.

Best Sequel Ever:


Through the Ever Night -- it's rare when book 2 is better than book 1, but I am so, so, SO excited for Into the Still Blue!

Currently Reading:


Wild Awake and it's SO good.

Drink of Choice While Reading:


TEA!

E-Reader or Physical Book:


Both!  I thought I'd never become an e-reader person, but then things changed.  I will always read physical books, but I'm enjoying my e-reader for both library books and e-galleys.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:


Simon from the Mortal Instruments ... I've always liked the shy, dorky boys ;)

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance:


The Girl of Fire and Thorns.  It's renewed my interest in fantasy, and I've actually PURCHASED a few fantasy titles since then.

Hidden Gem Book:


Wonder by R.J. Palacio (please, please, PLEASE read this one!!!)

Important Moment in Your Reading Life:


Hmm, maybe starting up this blog and joining the online book community?  I've always been a reader, so it's not like I have one of those moments where I can say it was THIS BOOK that made me love reading -- reading's always been a part of my life.

Just Finished


The Ruby Oliver series -- SO good ... final two reviews to come this week!

Kind of Books You Won't Read:


Non-fiction ... no thank you!  I can do a memoir if I'm in the right kind of mood, but that's about it.

Longest Book You've Read:


According to Goodreads, the Little House on the Prairie collection!  But, for a single book, it's Stephen King's The Stand.

Major Book Hangover Because Of:


The first time I read White Oleander -- that book was SO beautiful that I just couldn't get into anything else for weeks.

Number of Bookcases You Own:


In the living room, nine, plus one small bookshelf of kids' books.  Then there are four more in the computer room, but those are my husband's chess books.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:


The Poisonwood Bible -- once in high school for a book report, then twice more in university for two different courses.

Preferred Place to Read:


Curled up on the couch with a blanket, on a cold, rainy day.

Quote That Inspires You / Gives You All the Feels From a Book You've Read:


As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once.
~ John Green's The Fault in Our Stars

Reading Regret:


Sometimes I wish that I'd bought some of the series that I started reading at the library.  For example, I've read both of the books in the Shatter Me series, but they were from the library, so I don't own them.  I want to buy them, but then I feel weird for buying books that I've already read.

Also, sometimes buying a book from a series before the series is done.  Because then they change the covers and my books don't match, like Delirium vs. Pandemonium and Requiem.

Series You Started and Need to Finish:


I wrote an entire post about this -- my series intervention challenge that I've given to myself!

Three of Your All-Time Favourite Books:


Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall, The Harry Potter series (sorry can't follow the rules) and Morgan Matson's Second Chance Summer.

Very Excited for This Release More than All the Others:


Probably Cress by Marissa Meyer, since I'm DYING to read Scarlet, but have promised myself to wait until the full series is released.

Worst Bookish Habit:


Probably reading too quickly.  Sometimes I wish that I read a little slower, since I'm sure I miss things along the way.  Also, I forget what I've read really easily -- I don't know if that really counts as a habit though ... just poor memory skills!

X Marks the Spot -- Start at the Top Left of Your Bookshelf and Pick the 27th Book:


The Lost Girl by Mandanna -- but that's only because it's piled in front of some other books, so I counted it.  My books are all alphabetized, except books that I've received from Christmas onwards, which haven't been incorporated in yet.

Your Latest Book Purchase:


Hubby and I just went to Russell Books (our favourite used bookstore -- did you see my post at Queen Ella Bee Reads?) over the long weekend and I bought Melina Marchetta's Finnikin of the Rock and J.K. Rowling's Tales of Beedle and the Bard.

ZZZ-Snatcher -- Latest Book that Kept You Up WAY Late


With a six month old baby, I think I'm physically incapable of staying up too late reading, but I do remember staying up to read just one more chapter when I was pregnant and reading Insurgent.

3 comments:

  1. I sometimes think I read too quickly, I definitely skip over things on occasion. I'm also really terrible at remembering what's happened in a book after a few days, which I why I can't leave reviews for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree on Through the Ever Night! That was even better than book one. So glad you ended up reading that series!

    I know what you mean about reading books from the library and then wanting to buy them. Sometimes I still do, but only for books that I think are re-readable. So hard to decide though!

    I think read too quickly sometimes, too. It's gotten worse since I started blogging - it's like I feel like I constantly need to be reading something and making progress in it quickly (instead of savoring it over a longer period of time).

    Had fun reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to doing this myself-I just need to carve out some time. I'm pretty sure my most-read author is Meg Cabot unless Ann M. Martin counts because I read a ton of BSC books (I read some but not as many of the various Sweet Valley series.)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs