9/24/13

Dash & Lily's Book of Dares - Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

I remember seeing bloggish love for this book ALL OVER THE PLACE, but my library only had an e-copy.  Then, I got an e-reader, and realized that I now had access to all these great books!  So I downloaded it and dove in, even though I had previously thought that this would make a good Christmas read.  The things that I learned were:

1. This really would have been a better Christmas read.  It's a curl up on a snowy day with a mug of hot chocolate kind of book.

2. It definitely deserved all of the hype.  Even though I won't say that I LOVED this book (there were some things about the characters that just annoyed me, like Dash's pompous way of speaking), it was definitely cute and unique.

3. Like Will Grayson, Will Grayson, it reminded me that co-written books can work.  Normally, I'm not a fan of the co-written book because I like read ONE author's style, not a blend of two writers.  But I'm pretty sure that Rachel Cohn wrote Lily's chapters and David Levithan wrote Dash's chapters, and the narration switches back and forth between the two.

4. Dash and Lily's story begins in a bookstore, which struck a chord with me.  My husband and I met and fell in love in a bookstore (read our full how we met story here!) so I LOVED that aspect of the story.

If you're looking for something cute and fluffy, or a good winter read, then I'd definitely recommend picking this one up.

2 comments:

  1. I'm making a note to read this book this winter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I totally agree with all of your points. This book is definitely one of those books where you read during winter..curled up with a hot chocolate or coffee. I'm so excited to re-read it in the future! It is one of my all time favorite YA Contemp. I'm glad you like it, too. :)

    -leigh

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs