10/28/13

Marko Monday [7]

I first saw Scaredy Squirrel Prepares for Halloween on Netgalley a few months ago, but knew that this book would be perfect to feature on Marko Monday this month!  Now, a small disclaimer: I didn't actually read this book WITH Marko, since it's a much longer Scaredy Squirrel title.

Mélanie Watt's latest installment of the Scaredy Squirrel series contains many of the same things that make me giggle in her books, from Scaredy's silly lists to his bizarre plans.  With Halloween coming, Scaredy needs to make special plans to ensure that he does NOT get scared because, you know, he's a scaredy squirrel!

If you're a fan of the rest of the Scaredy Squirrel series, this book will definitely not disappoint.  I loved that it's twice the length of the previous books, which just meant more Scaredy goodness.  This is definitely one of my all-time favourite picture book series and well-worth checking out.  I find that these books are a lot like Mo Willems' Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus series; the books are written for children, but there's lots of adult appeal to them as well.

Here's a more recent picture of my little man, who has taken a liking to pulling books off the shelves now that he can pull himself up to standing.  Fortunately, he has excellent taste in literature.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs