1/25/14

Book Haul [8]

Holy moly guys -- it has been a YEAR since I last did one of these!  I've been wanting to post one for a while now, but I wanted to do another vlog.  Unfortunately, I haven't had the time nor the energy to figure out why the video and the audio didn't quite line up in my last vlog ... so another time!

For now, here's what's new on my shelves in the last month or so!  I'll try to make this a semi-regular thing going forwards.



My hubby spoiled me this year!  I had given him a wishlist of a dozen or so books so that he could pick one or two and surprise me ... but he picked FOUR!  I've already read Allegiant (SO GOOD!) and I'm looking forward to reading the entire Unwind series from beginning to end.  Unraveling and Something Strange & Deadly will be new-to-me series this year.  Unravel Me is from my Secret Santa ... Kat @ I Write, I Read, I Review.  And finally, Past Perfect was a surprise in the mail!  I won a giveaway at Rather Be Reading, and the prize was an e-book that unfortunately wasn't compatible with my e-reader, so Estelle sweetly sent me a hard copy ... and sent an extra book because she's such a nice person!


What would Christmas be without some fun giftcards to spend?  I bought the Legend series box set and I'm really excited to binge read this whole series SOON.  I've had my eye on How to Love and This Song Will Save Your Life for quite a while now, so I'm happy to have added these to my shelves.



Don't You Forget About Me, Tease and Prisoner of Night and Fog are all from Harper via Edelweiss.  Although I now have access to all of their titles, I'm being very careful and selective with the ones that I choose for review, since I don't want to get too bogged down in review books this year!

I didn't think I'd be approved for We Were Liars on Netgalley, but was delighted when I got my approval e-mail!

I requested Hollow City for review from Random House Canada and was absolutely THRILLED when I received a finished copy in the mail.  I adored the first novel in the series ... it was one of the very first books I read when I first started this blog!  I'm excited to see how the series continues!

Have you read any of these books?  Any suggestions on which one(s) to start reading first?  Leave me a comment below!

4 comments:

  1. A year?! Wow! But at least now you've got some amazing books to share with us!

    Unravel Me was my absolute favorite book last year! Nothing has topped it yet! :D

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYY!!!!! I hope you keep doing book hauls Melissa :) And I hope you get your audio/video working for another vlog!! I'm working up the guts to do a vlog as well so *fingers crossed* lol.

    You had an awesome, awesome haul!! Seriously. How to Love is SOOO good :) I also want to pick up that Legend box set, even for the sheer fact that it is sooo pretty lol. I'm happy that you got approved for We Were Liars! I'm kind of thinking that maybe that will skip the list and be read in the near future, it sounds so good and there is so much secrecy surrounding it!!

    I hope you enjoy all your books and my suggestion about first read is definitely How to Love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unravelling is great, but the sequel is even better! Such a great series, and it ripped my heart out at the end. I've read the first two books in the Unwind series and ermehgerd, they're fantastic. Such a dark and disturbing world. Legend and Prodigy are also pretty enjoyable, and I've heard that Champion wraps everything up well. SO MANY BOKS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was SO close to buying you This Song Will Save Your Life (I was spying on your goodreads shelves)... so glad I didn't! Now you can have a Leila double feature! :) Yay for book hauls. You should do these more often!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs