1/3/14

Life of a Blogger - Non-Bookish Hobbies


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is non-bookish hobbies.  You know, the things that we do when we're NOT reading? I have a few...

  • Spending time with friends and family.  Most of my close friends live out of town, but when we're together we have an absolute blast.  As a new mom, most of my free time is spent playing with my little boy and, when my husband's home from work, we try to spend as much family time as possible.  He's currently on winter vacation (he's a high school teacher) and it's going to be SO strange not having him around next week!
  • Scrapbooking.  I have made three albums so far, one of our wedding, one of our honeymoon and one of our eight years together.  Next project will be Marko's life thus far!
  • Yoga.  My sister-in-law got me started on hot yoga a couple of years ago, which I was enjoying until I got pregnant.  Then, I did prenatal yoga and "mommy and baby" yoga.  Once Marko was too mobile for yoga (I'd spend most of the class chasing him around the room), I signed up for power flow yoga, which gave me one evening of "me time" while my hubby stayed home with Marko.  I LOVE this yoga class, and my instructor is amazing!
  • Watching TV.  I'm not a couch potato by any means (honestly, having an almost-eleven month old is a guarantee that I don't sit still much at ALL!) but my hubby and I do enjoy watching the odd television show.  We got started on Breaking Bad over the holidays, and have watched one episode every evening for the past two weeks -- holy crap, this show is amazing!!!!
Sooo, that's my non-bookish hobbies!  What kind of hobbies do YOU have?  Leave me a comment below!

6 comments:

  1. I miss doing yoga! I've never tried the hot yoga, but I took a beginner's class while in college. :)

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great hobbies! I've always wanted to try yoga. I got a few DVDs, but none of them were good. And my brother's fiance does scrapbooking, which looks fun, but I always feel like I don't have enough time. Ugh, I gotta do something non-bookish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do yoga but I haven't done it for several years. I've heard Breaking Bad is really good, but for some reason it doesn't really appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep hearing about Breaking Bad, but have never actually watched it. I tried yoga once...turned out to not be something I enjoyed, but glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to start Yoga. I was given a wonderful book as a gift for Christmas that even has a video that I am going to do!!! Here are my Non-Blogger Hobbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I should have included spending time with my family, too! I do it a lot, but I didn't even think about it. I love looking at well done scrapbooks, but I'm envious because I wish I had the creativity to make them look good! Plus I'm too cheap to spend so much money...scrapbook stuff is so expensive!
    I did yoga for a while and really enjoyed it...I even have my own yoga DVD. I just kind of drifted away from it, I guess. I need to start doing it again! It's very relaxing and it helps with balance and flexibility.
    I've heard good things about Breaking Bad, but it doesn't interest me at all. I suck at watching TV shows anyway >.<

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs