2/22/14

Help Me Choose a Series to Start!

OK guys, I posted earlier this week about my fear of starting a new series.  BUT I have tons of books sitting on my shelves, waiting to be read, and I'm pretty sure that I'll love these series .... however, I just don't know where to begin.

So I thought I'd ask for help.  These are the series starter books that are on my shelves:
  • Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout
  • Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
  • Something Strange & Deadly by Susan Dennard
  • Reboot by Amy Tintera
  • Throne of Glass by Sara J. Maas
  • Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
  • Arclight by Josein McQuien
  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis
  • Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
So, which series should I start reading?  Any recommendations?  I also have a whole Goodreads shelf of series that I want to try ... but that's a whole other can of worms.  These are just the books on my shelf, worlds of series-ously amazing stories that I have yet to discover!

7 comments:

  1. Unravelling, because the first book is great, and the second one is FLAWLESSLY AMAZING. I read it last year and I'm still not over it. Throne of Glass is also good, although fairly average until Crown of Midnight happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought Unravelling based on your love of the series! I think I might actually pick this one next -- a duology is less daunting than a full series.

      Delete
  2. I definitely vote for Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas! I haven't gotten around to Crown of Midnight yet, but the first book was amazing, considering I bought it on impulse. Also, Something Strange and Deadly is a great series. The third book isn't coming out until June or July, so maybe hold off on it until you can binge read (if you end up enjoying the trilogy). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitiely recommend Throne of Glass BUT, the book is also made TEN TIMES BETTER if you have a chance to read the four novella's before reading the first book. (They'll soon be released in paperback if you don't have a kindle!) But yes, they make Throne of Glass and exceptional read as you really KNOW who the main protagonist is.
    Otherwise, Something Strange and Deadly because Susan Dennard is so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD THRONE OF GLASS.
    I didn't read the novellas first, but I am using them as a substitute whilst waiting for the third book :D
    Failing that, I recommend Across the Universe. I really enjoyed the first one, but I have yet to read the others.
    I don't think I have read anything else on that list so maybe I should get reading, hahaha! There's way to many series to read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read any of these either, but I have heard a lot about Throne of Glass so I will recommend that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these series, so I am excited to read which one you pick!
    New follower :)

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs