2/24/14

Marko Monday [9]

A friend of ours gave us two books in this series, Puppy Boo and Baby Boo.  I sat down with Marko one day last summer and he was absolutely MESMERIZED by both books.  I must have read each one three or four times in a row, and he sat completely still on my lap, eagerly waiting for the puppy or the baby to "peekaboo" out of the side or the top of the page.  It was so incredible to witness him being so passionate about a book!

For Christmas, I searched high and low until I found the kitty book in the series.  Since we have a cat, I just knew that he'd love it just as much as, if not more than, the other two books in the series.  And he does.  Oh, how he does.  It's absolutely the most wonderful feeling in the whole world to have my little boy sit so still on my lap and peer at the pages of the book.  These moments of stillness are a rarity for him, as he's most likely to be found chasing the cat around the house with a television remote control in one hand and a toy in the other!

We celebrated his first birthday earlier this month.  He absolutely loves going swimming at the pool on Sundays, so we decided to invite his friends to join us for his birthday!  First, we had some snacks and cupcakes and then jumped in the pool for a swim.  Unfortunately, many of his friends were under the weather and weren't able to join us, but we had lots of fun with those who could make it!  I still can't believe how much he has changed and how fast the past year has gone by. 

To illustrate just how quickly he grows, here are some older pictures.  The picture on the top was taken when he was about three weeks old.  The photo on the bottom was taken shortly before his six month birthday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs