3/11/14

Ask Again Later - Liz Czukas

After reading some heavy series titles, I was in the mood for a lighter contemporary.  If you're in a similar mood, then this is the book for you!  I read the entire thing in two days, which is no small feat with a one-year-old running around the house!

Heart decided to go to the prom with her friends, the No Drama Prom-a crew, but then she gets asked to prom by not just one boy, but two!  One is a friend from theatre, the other a friend of her brother's who has just been dumped by his girlfriend.  Unable to choose what she should do, she decides to flip a coin.  The story then progresses between two alternate proms: one that takes place if the coin chooses heads, the second if the coin chooses tails.  It was a really interesting narrative structure, even if it had its confusing moments where I couldn't remember which boy was heads and which was tails.

All in all, not the most amazing book that I've ever read, but definitely still worth a try, especially if you're looking for a lighter read!

Note: I received an e-galley of this book from Edelweiss.  The fact that I received this book for review did not influence my opinion of this book in any way.

1 comments:

  1. I've been hearing pretty good things about Ask Again Later. That it's fun, and the perfect inbetween book. I think it will be my next read! Glad you liked it, even if it isn't the most amazing book ever.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs