3/27/14

Life of a Blogger - Favourite Animals


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is favourite animals.  This is an easy one -- cats!  I never used to be a cat person, until I met my husband and fell in love with his orange cat, Smek (pronounced Shmek, which means "stud").


In April of 2011, we lost our fur son to a heart attack.  After our hearts had healed and we had time to grieve, we just knew that we needed another fur baby to fill our hearts with love once more.  We went to the SPCA one night "just to look" and fell in love with Romeo.  His name at the SPCA was Love because he has a black patch on the inside of his right paw that looks like a heart.  It was his Marilyn Munroe mole that sold us!  He has the best temperament -- so chill and affectionate, and has adjusted SO well to having Marko in the house.


What about YOU?  Do you have a favourite animal?  Are you a cat person too?  Leave me a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. Aww both cats are adorable, I'm very sorry to hear about Smek! I'm glad that you found Romeo though! :) I am and always will be a cat person, though have never had one because my Dad has horrible fur allergies! My Nan had a gorgeous cat called Smudge though, who she said was part mine because she knew how sad I was that I didn't have a cat. I was devastated when Smudge died, I can't wait until I can finally get a cat of my own!

    Check out My Life Of A Blogger Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, the story of Shmek literally brought tears to my eyes :( I LOVE cats so much, and I wish that there life span was as long as humans honestly :P

    Romeo is BEAUTIFUL! Omg, he is soooo handsome and SLIM! (My cat is just massive... not unhealthy massive, just all together a monstrousity of a furchild lol). Those little hairs sticking up on his back... I LOVE HIM! <333

    So yes... clearly I am a cat person haha. But I actually love all animals... squirrels, horses, dogs, pigs, birds... any of them. My boyfriend is always scared I will one day come home with some wild animal like a raccoon in my bag because I have an incredibly soft heart to all of them haha. (and clearly not a conscious fear of them :P).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay kitties! Aww, a heart attack? That's awful :( Romeo is beautiful though! I love all mine, it scares the crap out of me that two of mine are pushing 9 years old now =/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs