3/21/14

Life of a Blogger - Travel


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is travel!  I feel like I haven't traveled a whole lot, but when I look over my list at the places I've been, it seems otherwise.  Regardless, I love to travel and would love to do more, especially once Marko's old enough to appreciate seeing the world.

In Canada:
My husband and I do an annual roadtrip to Alberta to visit his parents in the summer.  Last summer, we flew out because we weren't sure how Marko would handle two long days in the car, but I'm looking forward to doing more summer road trips in the future!

Growing up, my family camped a lot around British Columbia and Alberta.  I also visited Quebec on a school trip in Grade 7 and we went on a family trip around the Maritime provinces the summer after Grade 12.

In the United States:
Growing up, we also did a lot of camping trips in Washington and Oregon.  I've been to Disneyland twice, Disney World once and worked for a summer at an all girls camp in upstate New York.  My family also spent a week in New York City in 2006 and I can't WAIT for the opportunity to go back again.

International travel:
The summer after Grade 9, I went on a Girl Guide trip to England.  In 2002, I was selected to represent Canada at an international Guiding conference in Switzerland.  In 2009, my husband and I visited Serbia, Montenegro and Croatia on our honeymoon!  These three trips are definitely the highlights of my travel experience, and I absolutely cannot WAIT to go back to Europe again!

What about you?  Where have you traveled?  Have you visited any of the same places that I have?  Leave me a link to your post and I'll stop by to visit!

6 comments:

  1. I'm from Central New York. What camp did you read for? I live in Syracuse, NY. I've traveled a lot in the U.S. and a fair amount in Canada (Quebec, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Vancouver), but I've only been to Europe once, when I went to France with my high school French class.

    I do like to travel, however, as I get older, I've become such a homebody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited Banff two years back and that is the extent of my Canadian travels. But I LOVED it and can't wait to go back some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Asia and I haven't actually been out of the continent! Travelling is something I'd love to do when I grow older and have a lot of time and money in my hands =P Love this feature, and it'd be great to hear some of your travel stories!

    Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! I have travelled A LOT. It's fun, but tiresome. I've been to Canada, too, to visit my aunt. Love this feature!

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohh wow, what an interesting honeymoon! So jealous that you've been outside the US (*coughs* even though you LIVE outside it...). Someday I will too! Maybe I can come visit you in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you make it to Alberta this summer, let me know! :) Does your husband still have family in Serbia? Any plans to take Marko there? My dad goes to Croatia every summer and I really want to go this year with him to take Sully to meet his great-Baba, but my dad thinks I'm crazy, haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs