5/1/14

Life of a Blogger - Bucket List


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is my bucket list.  This was actually a top ten Tuesday topic a few weeks ago, and I didn't get my act together in time to write up a post, so this bucket list has a bit of a bookish slant.

1. Meet Lauren Oliver.
There are a lot of authors that I would love to read, but I think that Lauren Oliver is pretty much the #1 author that I am dying to meet.

2. Go to BEA.
I briefly toyed with the idea of trying to make it this year, but between starting a new job and Marko still being a bit too young, I ultimately decided that it's just not the right time.  I have my fingers crossed for next year.

3. Read Les Miserables.
I think everyone has a chunky book on their TBR list that is one that just MUST be read one day.  I adore the musical and the story and will definitely check this off one day!

4. Binge read a lengthy series.
I'm thinking of the Black Dagger Brotherhood or Outlander.  I would love to get lost in a world that goes on for books and books and books.

5. Visit the Harry Potter theme park in Florida.
This bucket list wish will be waiting a few more years, but I know that one day we'll take a family trip to Florida to explore Disney World and then the Harry Potter theme park.  I just can't wait to see this magical world come alive!

6. Read all the books that I own.
I'm laughing to myself as I type this, because I have a feeling I'll never quite get there, as it's quite a lofty goal!  But it would be nice to have shelves filled with books that I've read and loved, rather than books that I just haven't found the time to read just yet.

7. Rediscover a favourite bookish world with Marko.
This is another bookish goal that will have to wait for a while, but I absolutely cannot wait to read a beloved childhood favourite with Marko and rediscover the world through his eyes.

What's on YOUR bucket list?  Leave me a comment below!

6 comments:

  1. I've been to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (a few years ago) and it was amazing. I really want to go again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little envious -- I can't wait to go!!!!

      Delete
  2. Reading the entire Outlander series in one go is on my bucket list too! (Well, if I had an *actual* bucket list!). I tell myself every year that this is the year I'm going to do it and then I never do. I think the thought of how much time that will consume and all the other books I will not read because of it intimidates me (not that I'm reading a whole lot these days, haha!). BUT, now that the TV series is coming out this year, maybe I really should give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I didn't know that Outlander was being made into a TV series! I totally hear you on the intimidating size of the books though -- but I'm 2/3 of the way through Game of Thrones at the moment, so I'm feeling a bit more confident about chunky reads! I'm reading it in 26 pages a day -- a small, but manageable goal, which means I can read the whole book in a month. Perhaps I'll try this with Outlander next. Even my mom (who doesn't read that much) has read and loved the books, so I just know that I'll love them too!

      Delete
  3. Great bucket list, makes me want to sit and write one too :) I would love to read all the books I own! That would be on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs