6/12/14

Life of a Blogger - Collections


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat has just started this awesome new feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is collections.  When I was younger, I used to collect a lot of things ... not so much anymore, but here's a list of things that I used to collect:

  • Shells -- every little girl goes through this stage, right?
  • Root beer bottles & cans -- although I'm not a pop drinker at all, I did briefly love root beer in high school, and I kept one of each style of root beer that I'd sampled.  At one point, I think I had about 30 empties, but ended up donating them all to my sister's bottle drive.
  • Moose (stuffed animals, figurines, etc.) -- I should have mentioned this in my favourite animals post a few weeks ago, but moose used to be my "thing" and people would gift me anything they found with a moose on it ... from Christmas tree ornaments to T-shirts, you name it, I had it!
  • Business cards -- I went through a phase of collecting cards for places that I'd been and people I'd met, but then it just got out of control and I had zillions of cards.
  • Badges -- from when I was in Girl Guides, although I finally started sewing them all onto a blanket a few years ago, so this collection actually has a functional use!
What about you?  What did you collect?  Leave me a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. I was never much of a collector. I don't think I've ever actually collected anything. Love the meme I might actually join in on this one! :)
    Jazmen@ThisGirlReadsAlotBlog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love root beer, haha. It's definitely a unique collection that you had but it's super fun to have something so different.

    It's so cool that you sewed your girl guide badges on a blanket, It's a nice way to keep a memory.

    My collections are a bit more electronics focused but I like how much variety there is for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs