6/16/14

Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR List


It's Tuesday and time for another Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the wonderful people over at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is my favourite -- putting together my TBR list for summer! My spring TBR list (which is here) was actually a bit more of a success this year!  I've been reading series books like CRAZY, and am quite proud of the number of series that I've completed so far this year.  BUT, with all these series books, I found that I'm craving good standalones too.  So, with that in mind, this summer is going to be a bit of a standalone break.  I've also chosen books that are already sitting on my shelves, so I'm hoping to make a dent in the books that I own pile!  Here goes...

Adult Picks
1. Nowhere But Home by Liza Palmer
2. Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
I haven't read TOO much adult fiction this year, and both of these books came highly recommended by Cassie @ Books with Cass, so I'm excited to dive into both.  If either of these impact me the way her previous recommendation, Me Before You, did, then I know I'll be in for a satisfying read.

YA Picks
3. How to Love by Katie Cotugno
4. This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
5. Lovestruck Summer by Melissa Walker
6. Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
7. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
8. The Moon & More by Sarah Dessen
9. Golden by Jessi Kirby
What's summer without some great contemporary?  With the exception of Since You've Been Gone, these books have been on my shelves for at least a few months, just begging me to read them.  They all seem like the perfect summer reads, so here's hoping that I can get to all of them this season!

A Slightly Darker Pick - still YA
10. The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
This book was on my summer TBR list last year, and then again on my fall TBR.  I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book, and I think it might be a refreshing change to jump into a dystopian if I have had my fill of contemporary.  Or, if we end up with a rainy spell this summer, as we often do!

What about YOU?  What's on your summer reading pile?  Have you read any of these books?  Any suggestions on which one(s) I should read first?  Leave me a comment below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs