8/28/14

Life of a Blogger - Fears


My good friend, Jessi, over at Novel Heartbeat runs this awesome feature as a way for her followers to get to know her better!  Check out the list of upcoming topics here.

Today's topic is fears.  I don't have too many fears.  I'm not a fan of the creepy crawly, slithery variety ... but honestly, who wouldn't jump out of their skin if there's an eight-legged creature in the bathtub?

My only really big fear is fire.  When I was in high school, I went on a camping trip with my Ranger group and had an incident with a camp stove.  It was a white gas stove, the kind that you had to pump in order to get the gas started.  Well, I was pumping the stove and, as I went to close the pumping part, some gas shot out of the small hole at the same time as the stove flame flared up.  My hand and part of my forearm caught on fire.  Fortunately, the "stop drop and roll" instinct kicked right in and I was able to put the flames out quite quickly, but I did have a nasty burn blister for quite a while.  Also, I found that I was absolutely terrified of any type of flame for quite a while -- even a small candle on the table in a restaurant had to be moved away from me or blown out.

Luckily, with time, this fear did ebb away.  I'm certainly not the person who will volunteer to light a campfire and I will still keep my distance, but it's not a crippling fear any longer.

How about you?  Do you have any fears?  Leave me a comment below and thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea of sharing a little something out of the ordinary book blogging way!

    Fears: failure (mostly letting people down), and snakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should join in and share your own posts! It's a great way to get to know one another =)

      Delete
  2. One of my most irrational fears is that all four of my tires on my car are going to go flying off when I'm driving on the highway. I'm also fearful of handicap public toilets - when I was in preschool, I flushed one once and it overflowed the entire bathroom. I will never forget the humiliation I felt at such a young age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigosh, this just made me burst out laughing! What an experience to have at a young age ... I can see how that would stick with you! And now I'm going to drive home, worried about my tires =P

      Delete
  3. That is some scary stuff right there, I would still be having nightmares about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I left a comment on this already, but it must not have gone through :(

    That is super scary! I can't even imagine O_O

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs