9/1/14

Series Spotlight - September


Welcome to the September edition of the Series Spotlight!  This is a monthly feature where we'll highlight some of our anticipated series books that are releasing this month, as well as which series are on our TBR piles for this month!

New Releases ...



Sarah J. Maas' Heir of Fire (release date: September 2)

Again, I'm choosing a book in a series that I haven't even started yet, but I WILL READ THRONE OF GLASS.  SOON, I promise!

From My TBR Pile ...

I was going to confess that I didn't read any series books at all this summer, but that's actually not true.  I started both the Song of Ice & Fire series and the Black Dagger Brotherhood and have fallen into both series head first.  SO, while I'm proud of myself for continuing on with both series, I also haven't read many of the series books that I had planned to read ... oops!  SO, this month I'm only setting a goal of one book this month.  Dreams of Gods & Monsters was my summer series book, but I think it's a better fall book so I held off on reading until I can curl up on the couch with a fuzzy blanket and mug of tea and immerse myself back in this world.

Brie @ A Slice of Brie (who I actually met in REAL LIFE last month!) and I are going to read Outlander.  This book has been on my TBR list for SO LONG that even my MOM has already read it. I was originally scared of reading this book because there is so much hype, and with the TV show now out, it seems like everyone's talking about it.  Hannah @ So Obsessed With recently posted a really realistic look at the sometimes-ugly side of this series, which I think has given me a bit of perspective.  I'm still hopeful that I'll love this series, but it's nice to have a bit of trepidation going into a series, rather than setting myself up for a big let down if I'm the only person on earth to not fall head over heels for this series.

What about you?  What's on your TBR pile this month?  Let me know in the comments below!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. Haven't made one yet because I'm pretty sure Outlander will take me all of fall, haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs