9/23/14

Top Ten Books on my Fall TBR Pile


It's Tuesday and time for my favourite top ten Tuesday post of the year -- planning the upcoming season of reading!  Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Fall is one of my favourite seasons, where we still have beautiful sunny days, but the evenings turn chilly when the sun starts to go down and it's the perfect weather to curl up with a blanket, a cup of something warm and a good book.

I actually did quite well with my summer reading list and read a few fantastic standalones, as well as a few books that have been collecting dust on my shelves.

This fall, I'm feeling like it's time to get back to my series-ous reading, as there's only a few months left of the Prequel and Sequel Challenge!  So, with no further ado, here are a few series that I'd like to finish this fall as well as a few that I'd like to try out because I already have book one on my shelves ...

1. Requiem by Lauren Oliver.  It's a bit riduculous how many times I've said on this blog that I plan to read it, and then I don't. 2014 cannot end with this book still on my TBR list.

2. Pure by Julianna Baggott.  I had an e-galley of this book that expired before I read it, then I borrowed it twice from the library.  Each time I renewed it three times (the max number allowed) before I had to return it unread.  Once, I even forgot to renew it on time and renewed it three days late, so I've even paid late fines on this book -- and still haven't read it.

3. Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor. I did an impromptu read-a-long of the first two books earlier this year, yet never finished this series.

4. Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin. This is a lofty goal, but it takes me about three weeks to read one from beginning to end.  Provided my audio copy comes in at the library in a timely fashion, I just might be able to accomplish this goal.

5. Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. This might be another lofty goal, or it might be the only goal that I accomplish on this list -- these books are freaking addicting, and I just keep gobbling them up!

6. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.  A few months ago, I asked for your help to choose a new series to start, and the response on the post was OVERWHELMINGLY in favour of this book.  I'm a little scared of the hype, but also intrigued and hoping that I love it.

7. Grave Mercy by Robin Lafevers. This is another one that I'm a little nervous about, but I'm also excited that the series is wrapping up this fall, so I might have the ability to binge-read them all.

8. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I'm seriously nervous about this one too -- what if I'm the only person in the entire book blogging world that doesn't like this series?!?

9. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Brie @ A Slice of Brie said she will read this one with me.  A big chunky read isn't as scary with a friend by your side!

10. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris.  This is the beginning of a duology and Amber @ Books of Amber has been raving about this book for far too long.  It might be kind of nice to end the year with a duology binge-read!

How about you?  What's on your fall TBR pile?  Leave me a link to your post and I'll stop by!

POST SIGNATURE

5 comments:

  1. The fall is horrible over here, haha. It's cold and rainy.. Dreams of Gods and Monsters was a wonderful conclusion. I absolutely loved it. Outlander is good and Shadow & Bone is AMAZING. I'm very happy to see Throne of glass and GRAVE MERCY on your list, two of my favorite books/series :) Don't be afraid, I bet you are going to love them. Happy reading!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grave Mercy is also on my list, and i'm a bit nervous to read it as well. But I'm gonna do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to finish The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series too. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many great books on there. The hype around Throne of Glass is totally justified (I was afraid to read it at first, too, but the series is so worth it!), and Grave Mercy and Shadow and Bone are both fantastic serieses :)
    Dreams of Gods & Monsters is a great ending to the trilogy, but it also made me sad because now it's over :(
    Oh, and I almost put A Clash of Kings on my list! I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood for G.R.R. Martin though.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited! Don't be afraid of the hype around Throne of Glass, I'm not a big fantasy lover and I just finished it, and WOW. Don't even care about hype, it's worth it. I found it a little slow to start but by halfway... wow. I've recently started Delirium, so I'm hoping I can wrap the series up by the new year. Dreams of God and Monsters is on my list along with Daughter of Smoke and Bone and Shadow and Bone. I'll not get to them til 2015 though. Can't believe I'm saying that already! I have all 7 Game of Thrones books... but I don't want to talk about it lol Outlander was one I was happy to live without reading until recently, they're beasts of books too but I've heard good things!

    R x

    My TTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/09/23/top-ten-tuesday-my-autumn-tbr-pile/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs