11/19/14

When Bookish Hype is so, so, SO RIGHT

Earlier this year, I wrote about my fear of starting a new series, and then later asked for your help for me to choose a new series to read.  The response was overwhelmingly in favour of the Throne of Glass series, as I had the first book sitting on my shelves.  I was a little bit excited, but mostly scared because I know that this series is so beloved across the blogosphere and I was so worried that I'd be the only person who didn't like it.  I let my fear of bookish hype get in the way for MONTHS, until Lauren @ Lose Time Reading and I decided to take the plunge together.  She's new-ish to fantasy, as am I, so I felt a bit more confident with her by my side. 

We decided to start with the novellas, and I'm so glad we did!  I felt like I really got to know Celaena's character and the novellas prepared me for who she had become by the time I reached the opening pages of Throne of Glass.  I liked Throne of Glass as well, especially towards the end when the plot got really exciting.  And then I started Crown of Midnight -- and oh my god you guys, my heart has shattered so many times while reading this book!  I'm about 100 pages from the end and I want to finish reading it, but I'm scared of the heartbreak that's awaiting me!  Plus, I've put Heir of Fire on my Christmas wishlist and Christmas is TOO FAR AWAY.  What will I DO while I wait for the next installment?!?!?

Honestly, if I try to talk about this book anymore, it'll be simply this: apoiufuhrhdughfjdieidkdk because my thoughts are all over the map, and my heart is aching, so let me end with this.  This series is AMAZING and totally worth the hype.  If you've been hesitant to start it because of fear of it not living up to the hype, let it go and just read it.  Seriously, seriously amazing and I absolutely cannot WAIT to see what happens next in this epic series!!!!!!

P.S. Thank you thank you thank you to those of you who recommended this series, but especially to Lauren @ Lose Time Reading for taking the plunge with me and to Sydney @ Utterly Bookish for gushing over Twitter once I'd started the series!

POST SIGNATURE

5 comments:

  1. LOL as soon as I read the title of your post I just KNEW it was TOG you were talking about because I felt the exact. same. way. I haven't read book 2 or 3 yet though, because I don't know if I can handle the feels. But I LOVED it.

    TOG Review: https://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/09/22/throne-of-glass/
    Assassin's Blade Review: https://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/11/17/review-the-assassins-blade/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOP WOOP *THROWS CONFETTI BOMB*

    WELCOME

    TO THE LAND OF SARAH J. MAAS WHERE KICKASS, HEARTBREAK AND HOT BOIZ ARE OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM

    haha kidding ;) The Assassin's Blade killed me in the end (SAM), Throne of Glass is fun but Crown of Midnight is my absolute favourite and i'm so glad you took the plunge to read this series!!!!! i have Heir of Fire but now i am apprehensive. eep!!! nevertheless, so happy that hype worked for you this time!

    alicia @ noverly things

    ReplyDelete
  3. HECK YES!!! I love this series! Listening to HEIR OF FIRE NOW!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series is one of my best reads this year and definitely is one of my all time favorites now. There's just too many awesomeness in that series. <3 I'm glad you loved it too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M SO GLAD YOU STARTED THIS SERIES AND I'M SO GLAD YOU LOVED IT. If it wasn't obvious enough I am OBSESSED with it and love it to pieces. It just gets better and better, and I cannot wait for her new series and the 4th installment. I really hope you love Heir of Fire! It's a bit of a change compared to Crown of Midnight because there's more character development and the book is less plot-oriented, but that's important in fantasy series and I think SJ Maas does a fabulous job of it.

    I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Heir of Fire and you know you can always @ me when you need to go crazy. ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs