3/25/15

On My Nightstand - March 25

I used to participate in WWW, but I don't think it's even running anymore, so I thought I'd run with my own version of this meme.  I recently posted about my struggle to write reviews and, ever since then, I haven't posted a single review!  It's been liberating but I do miss sharing an update on what I'm reading, as well as what I think about those books.  So, I came up with this idea to marry my old WWW posts with mini-reviews.  My goal is to post these bi-weekly, so that you, my dear readers, will have a somewhat regular update on what I've been reading!


On My Nightstand:
I've been struggling through Nabokov's Lolita for the past week as it's a book club pick for our meeting tonight.  It's so icky and disturbing that I keep finding excuses to do anything besides read.  Consequently, my house is really clean!  I finally decided to just read the last few chapters and call it a day.  On audio, I just started Garth Stein's The Art of Racing in the Rain and I'm really liking it so far!  It's told from the perspective of a dog, which is so refreshing and different, but also poignant and philosophical.
Shelved as Read:
It took me a few weeks, but I finally finished Heir of Fire!  It had some slow parts, but I also wanted to take my time with the story, since I know I have to wait until the fall for more Celeana.  After that, I blasted through two contemporary review books, 99 Days and Things We Know By Heart, and I loved them both!  I'll have full reviews for both of those books up on the blog next month.

Next Up Off the TBR Pile:
I'm going to try Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo, and I'm really hoping that I like it!  Lauren @ Lose Time Reading has already read it and, if I catch up and want to continue with the series, we're going to read it together.


What are YOU reading this week?  Please leave me a comment below!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs