3/24/15

Top 10 Books from my Childhood that I Would Love to Revisit


Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Today's topic is one that is dear to my heart: childhood favourites that I would love to revisit.  I often reminisce fondly about my favourite books from childhood, and eagerly look forward to the day when I will be able to share my childhood favourites with Marko!

1. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
This book holds a special place in my heart, and I wished that I could find a book that l could literally escape into the same way that Bastion did.

2. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Technically, I read these as an adult, but because they're a children's series, I'm counting them!

3. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
This series is probably the Harry Potter of my generation, and a series that I still love to this day.

4. E.B. White
I can't choose just one book!  I reread Charlotte's Web as an adult when I was teaching ESL, and the story still held the same charm, but Stuart Little and the Trumpet of the Swan are two other favourites.

5. The Wizard of Oz Series by L. Frank Baum
I read and reread these books so often as a child, and loved getting lost in this world.  I have been looking for a set that I like to add to my collection!

6. Winnie the Pooh by A.A. Milne
What childhood would be complete without a little Pooh bear?  I have a beautiful hardcover collection of all of the stories that I received as a gift when I was very young.

7. Serendipity Stories
I think that these are written by a variety of authors, and I have a dozen or so in my collection, although I think they might be out of print now.  Each story has a little moral at the end, and the illustrations are really pretty.  I loved Flutterby the best, which is about a flying horse who sets off to find out who she is.

8. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Unless I have a daughter one day, I'm not sure that this series can be passed along to Marko since it's a bit of a girly book.  Although, who knows, maybe he'll love Anne's spunk as much as I do!

9. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Ditto on this series!

10. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
This is a childhood classic, and one that I really enjoyed!  I think I read it when I was 13 or 14, and I think I would have loved it even more if I read it at a younger age.

How about you?  Which books are you excited about revisiting from your childhood?  If you'd like, please leave me a link to your post and I'll stop by!  Thanks for visiting =)

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. I should've put Little House on my list! Oh how I loved those! I used to watch an old Anne of Green Gables movie. I loved it but I never got around to reading it. I might have to change that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list of books!! I loved the Little House series as a kid!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/03/top-10-books-from-my-childhood-or-teen.html

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs