4/1/15

February and March Wrap-Up!

I had intended to do monthly wrap-ups; however, February disappeared in a haze of sniffles and coughing and blogging was the first thing to fall behind.  Thankfully, our family is all fully healthy again and it's time to see what I've been up to over the past two months!

The Books

Books Read: 8 (The Rosie Effect, Choose Your Own Autobiography, Orphan Train, Stolen, Heir of Fire, 99 Days, Things We Know By Heart and Lolita)
Of these books, five were books that were from my own shelves (although three were acquired recently).  Only one book was borrowed from the library, and it was an audiobook -- I never buy those.

Books Acquired: 6 (The Assassin's Blade, The Glass Arrow, The Young Elites, Fairest, Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe and Lolita)
I have acquired a total of 9 books so far this year, and have already read 4 of them.  In all fairness, my birthday book haul only arrived recently and, while I have been slogging through Lolita for book club, I keep eyeing the pile of lovely new books on my nightstand and am determined to jump into those as soon as possible!

The Challenges

Prequel & Sequel Challenge: +12 points (2 + 10 for finishing the Rosie Project duology!)
Flights of Fantasy: 1 more book read (Heir of Fire) for a total of 3 books so far!
TBR Challenge: 2 more books off my shelves, for a total of 5 so far!

The Blog

A cold that dragged on for three weeks prevented me from either blogging or reading too much, so I only shared four posts in the entire month of February.  The posts that I did share were a lot of fun to put together, including the TBR Tag and my top ten book related problems.  I also shared my routines and organization (or lack thereof) as part of Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat's Life of a Blogger meme.

I returned to blogging in March with enthusiasm, and shared my birthday book haul as well as my spring TBR pile and some favourite books from my childhood.   I shared two more Life of a Blogger posts about nature and dreams.  Finally, I shared a list of recent additions to my TBR, as well as a new-ish feature where I share my thoughts on what I'm currently reading, recently read and upcoming reads.  Finally, Marko Monday made another appearance!

The Other Stuff

Other than a volley of germs, things have been pretty quiet!  We celebrated Marko's second birthday at the beginning of February, and he had a blast with all his friends at a local indoor play gym.  My husband spent the past two weeks at home with him over Spring Break, and they had so much fun.  It was hard to leave for work every day when I knew that they were going to the park, the river, the mall and all kinds of fun places.

I started my practicum for school and am grateful that my job has let me take a short leave of absence so that I can complete this program requirement.  I have been placed in Special Collections at a local university's library and, while it's not the most stimulating setting, I'm trying to stay positive and make the best of it.

Now that spring has arrived, and the evenings are getting longer, I'm looking forward to more outside time with the family!  We're heading to my hometown for the Easter long weekend, and I'm looking forward to tying up the final pieces of my practicum coursework so that I can have ALL SUMMER OFF!

Hope your spring is off to a great start too, and thank you for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

1 comments:

  1. Hi! I couldn't find the quarterly wrap-up post for the Prequel & Sequel challenge, so I thought I'd post it here!

    http://chasedbymyimagination.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/march-wrap-up.html

    Nice one for finishing The Rosie Project duology but I thought that you didn't get 10 points for duologies? If you do then that's great because I'm hoping to get through some duologies myself, but I'm sure I read that there had to be at least three full length books in the series on the sign-up page! Glad to hear you had a good March :)

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs