4/22/15

On My Nightstand - April 22

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a bi-weekly feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile.

On my nightstand:

I recently watched the City of Bones movie (finally!) which renewed my love for the Mortal Instruments world, so I thought I'd finally tackle the final book in the series, City of Heavenly Fire.  I've been listening to it on audio on my drives to and from work, plus reading the book in between, which is helping me get through this chunker of a book a bit quicker!  The audio of A Storm of Swords finally came in again at the library, so I'm determined to finish the book this time around.

I have my book club meeting tonight, where we're discussing Christopher Moore's Lamb (even though I couldn't finish it in time) but tonight I'm jumping into Leigh Bardugo's Ruin and Rising!

Recently shelved as read:

You guys, I finally FINALLY read Requiem!  Last year, I shared a post on my struggles with forcing myself to read certain books and you guys chimed in with similar feelings!  I was so grateful to know that I wasn't alone with feeling overwhelmed by certain books that I knew I SHOULD read, but just couldn't force myself to pick up.  I often feel that way about series, and Requiem was a book that I wanted to read, but the longer I avoided it, the more I was building it up in my head to be disappointed.  And you know what?  I actually really liked it!  I loved being swept up in Lauren Oliver's writing again, and I thought it was a beautiful conclusion to the series.

I also read Leigh Bardugo's Siege & Storm -- I'm loving the series binging that I've been doing lately!  Her storytelling is so beautiful and I love being swept up in this magical world.

I also finished Challenger Deep, which I reviewed last week.

Calling my name from the shelf:

I'm hoping that Ruin & Rising doesn't give me a book hangover!  I'm not sure which book to dive into next ... here are my choices -- help me choose?

  1. Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers.  I read, and enjoyed, Grave Mercy earlier this year and I do want to continue in this series.
  2. The Young Elites by Marie Lu.  I recently gobbled up the entire Legend trilogy, and I love her writing.
  3. The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons.  After so many amazing series, maybe I should do a standalone?
How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Definitely read Dark Triumph next! I love that series. I'm glad to see you liked Siege and Storm too! I bet you're happy now that you ordered them as soon as you could during the first book.
    Right now I'm reading Tiger Lily, it was recommended by another blogger and it's interesting so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to get into Tiger Lily, but ended up putting it down. I look forward to seeing what you think -- I know it's a favourite with many blogging friends!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs