5/22/15

A Sense of the Infinite - Hilary T. Smith

I read, and loved, Wild Awake, Hilary's debut novel.  It always makes me a little nervous when I pick up a writer's second novel, because I never know if it'll live up to my expectations.

A Sense of the Infinite blew me away, in a similar yet completely different way.  Hilary's writing style is INCREDIBLE.  She weaves together such beautiful phrases, and I'm captivated by her writing style, which I find quite similar to Lauren Oliver's style, but also unique in her own way.  She writes truly special books that are heartbreakingly beautiful because she touches on topics that are hard to read at times.  A Sense of the Infinite is no exception, as it contains themes of teen pregnancy, abortion, eating disorders, friendship, identity and many others.

I find it hard to write about books that I really, really loved.  So I'll just say this: if you haven't yet read a Hilary T. Smith novel, go pick one up.  Her writing style might not be for everyone, but if you like a beautifully written novel that doesn't shy away from darker topics, you won't be disappointed!

I received an e-galley for review from the publisher via Edelweiss; however, this did not affect my review of the book in any way.

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs