5/11/15

In All Series-ousness -- Two Years Later

Almost two years ago, I shared a post where I promised myself that I would finish all the series that I had started, and refrain from starting any new series unless all of the books were out.  Since that post, I have definitely done a better job of committing to some series-ous reading, but I thought I give myself a reality check and list them all out:

Here are the series that I said that I would like to FINISH (with those crossed off that I did finish):
Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa (Iron Daughter, Iron Queen and Iron Knight)
Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (Clockwork Prince & Clockwork Princess)
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (books 2-6)
Luxe Series by Anna Godbersen (Envy & Splendor)
Bright Young Things Series by Anna Godbersen (Beautiful Days & The Lucky Ones)
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris (I've only read the first two books)
Inkheart Series by Cornelia Funke (Inkspell & Inkdeath)
Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver (Requiem)
The Chemical Garden Trilogy by Lauren DeStefano (Fever)

Nightshade Trilogy by Andrea Cremer (Wolfsbane & Bloodrose)
Ruby Oliver Series by E. Lockhart (books 2-4)
Birthmarked Trilogy by Caragh M. O'Brien (Promised)
Girl of Fire & Thorns by Rae Carson (Crown of Embers & The Bitter Kingdom)
Cemetery of Forgotten Books by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Angel's Game & Prisoner of Heaven)
Sea of Trolls Trilogy by Nancy Farmer (Land of the Silver Apples & Islands of the Blessed)

Series that I had planned to binge-read because all the books are out:
Graceling Trilogy by Kristin Cashore
Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta
Darkness Rising Trilogy by Kelley Armstrong
Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon (I read Outlander, but won't be reading more of the books)
Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angellini
Covenant Trilogy by Jennifer Armentrout

Here are the series that I had committed to reading upon release of their final installments:
2013
October:
Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin (The Evolution & The Retribution of Mara Dyer) 
Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth (Allegiant)
November:
Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu (Prodigy & Champion)

2014
January:
Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
Everneath Series by Brodi Ashton (Everbound & Evertrue)
February
Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (Scarlet & Cress)
Pure Trilogy by Julianna Baggott (Burn)
Article 5 Trilogy by Kristen Simmons (Breaking Point & Three)
Final Book in the Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
March:
Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare (City of Heavenly Fire)
April:
Days of Blood & Starlight and Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Dust Lands Trilogy by Moira Young (Rebel Heart & Raging Star)
October:
Unwind Trilogy by Neal Shusterman (UnWholly & UnSouled)

Series that I had planned to binge-read when all of the books are out:
Shadow & Bone Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (2014)
Unraveling Trilogy by Elizabeth Norris
Grave Mercy Series by R.L. LaFevers (2014)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (2016 -- although I may read book 1 earlier, since I own it)

There are 38 series included in this list, and I have now finished 16 of them!  Of course, there are a few other series that I have since added to the list (ahem), so I think I'll do another updated series TBR post soon.

Putting this post together reminded me of a few older series that I had planned to tackle, so I picked up the following books at the library the other day:

  • Burn, the final book in Julianna Baggott's Pure trilogy
  • Everbound and Evertrue, the second and third books in Brodi Ashton's Everneath trilogy
  • Rebel Heart, the second book in Moira Young's Dust Lands trilogy
  • Beautiful Days, the second book in Anna Godberson's Bright Young Things trilogy
I definitely want to read Burn one day, but every time I have borrowed it from the library, it gets returned unread (sometimes late, and I've even paid fines on this unread book!)  I loved Everneath, but I can scarcely remember the storyline, which has prevented me from reading further.  It's the same story for Rebel Heart.  I won the final book in the Bright Young Things trilogy from one of Epic Reads' Tea Times, so I read the first one, and thought it was okay, so I've been unmotivated to continue.  I kind of just want to unhaul the third book, but then I also feel like that might be a bit ungrateful because I won a copy.  Thoughts?
    POST SIGNATURE

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

    Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

    Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs