5/6/15

On My Nightstand - May 6

Although I'm not really writing reviews these days, On My Nightstand is a bi-weekly feature that allows me to share what I'm currently reading, some thoughts on what I just finished reading and what's coming up next from my TBR pile.

On my nightstand:

I just finished a book this evening, so I'm actually NOT reading anything at the moment!  My co-worker is lending me her copy of Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick, so that'll be my next read for sure!  I'm excited -- I haven't read a contemporary in quite a while, and my co-worker is absolutely obsessed with Kristen Ashley's work.  I hope that I love it as much as she does!

Recently shelved as read:

I have spent the past few days savouring the final chapters of Leigh Bardugo's Ruin and Rising, and finally read the last few pages tonight.  What an epic series!  I loved every moment of it, and am now highly anticipating Six of Crows in September.  I love that her new book will take place in the Grisha world, but revolve around different characters.  I totally think that J.K. Rowling should adopt this idea.  I would gladly read about different characters in Harry's world!

I also finally, FINALLY finished A Storm of Swords, which is good because the show started up again!  I'm going to wait until after the season is over to start book four, just so that I'm not reading and watching all over the place.

Also, I read (and loved!) the final book in Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series,
City of Heavenly Fire.  I really, really liked it, although I still think that the series should have been a trilogy.  The series did have a Harry Potter-esque feel to it, since I feel that I have been experiencing these characters' adventures for so many years, so it was a bit bittersweet to say farewell.  Fortunately, I still have the Infernal Devices series to read and enjoy.

Calling my name from the shelf:

I'll be picking up a copy of Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Thorns and Roses this week, and diving straight into this book.  I just found out that it's new adult?!?  Super pumped to read something new and different from this amazing author!

How about you?  What are you reading this week!  Let's chat in the comments below and thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs