6/16/15

Top Ten Books on my Summer TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  Today I'm listing the books that are on my summer reading list!  I've spent most of the year reading some wonderful fantasy novels, and I'm really craving some contemporary!  Here are the ten books that I'm hoping to find time to read this summer...

1. Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen
2. The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
I recently picked up Sarah's latest release, but have had her second newest release sitting on my shelf for two years!  Sarah = Summer.

2. The Start of You and Me by Emery Lord
I read, and loved, Open Road Summer last year, and am hoping for a repeat experience with this book.

3. Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid
4. After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Super excited to read these, and hoping that I love them as much as everyone else does.

5. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I've never read a book by JLA, and I know that she is loved by so many bloggers!  I own 3 of the 5 books in this series, and need to try it out already.

6. Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
I'm contemplating selecting this as my book club's next pick, so I'll definitely be trying this one out this summer.

7. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
I have had this book on my shelves for YEARS.  I bought it primarily because of the beautiful cover, and then I heard stories of the author behaving badly (I think?  Unless I'm confusing this book with another one?) and the book was getting a lot of bad reviews, so it has sat untouched on my shelves.  I've read a couple of Colleen Hoover books in the past month, which has rekindled my desire for new adult contemporaries, so I'd like to give this one a shot.  Worst case scenario, I can take it back to the used bookstore for credit!

8. Past Perfect by Leila Sales
I read, and loved, This Song Will Save Your Life last month, so I'm excited to read another book by Leila Sales.

9. Rules for Stealing Stars by Corey Ann Haydu
10. A Step Toward Falling by Cammie McGovern
I've read very few review books this year, so I downloaded a few fall releases.  These contemporary titles will be mixed into my summer reading -- I've never read a book by either of these two authors, but know that they are loved by many readers who share my reading tastes, so I'm excited!

Do you see any of your favourites on my list?  Let me know which book(s) I should read first!  Thanks for stopping by!

POST SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Disaster is definitely not for everyone. I definitely had issues with it, but at the same time, I couldn't put the book down. It was certainly entertaining.

    I really love Obsidian and the Lux series. Although I love obsidian more now after reading others in the series.

    Past Perfect is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for you to read Saint Anything and then you can tell me if I should read it :P THE START OF YOU AND ME! OMGGGGGG.... I cannot wait at ALL for you to read this <3 And Beautiful Disaster. I loved it, despite all the hate and controversy about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always return the favour whenever I can!!

Flexible Template by ScreenWritersArena

Custom Design by Lea Christine Designs